BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well first off.. Hey everyone my name Is Chris. This Is my first post here since I picked up my 330i last month. I've been floating around this forum since 2003 when I first wanted the E46. Long story short~I paid off all my bills and you know what happened from there :)
I bought an 04 330i Sport 6 speed Grey/Black Leather Interior/Monnroof/All the packages ect.. Only 22,000 miles/100% stock. I paid just over 23k for It & I'm very happy so far. Anyway to my question..*I noticed that the 2003 Coupes and Sedans have a solid Redline @6300 Rpm which starts at 6000. Mine redlines @ 6500 Rpm. I never heard of any engine changes for 04' & both 03 & 04 have the same 225/214 power rating at the same Rpm's, so I was wondering If anybody could help me with this?? I did a search and didn't really get the answer I was looking for & the dealer knew nothing. They confused the Increase with the ZHP's 6800 redline.
Any help with this would be great :thumbsup: I'm very happy to finally join this awesome forum. Thanks again ~ CHRIS

·
Registered
39 Posts
WOW good price... I just bought mine 3 months ago with 28k miles for $32k out the door.

Anyways, my car redlines at 6500 as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Welcome and congrats!! Yeah, that does sound like a very good price! Pics!!!

check out this at bimmerfest; it's incredible - http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index.php?title=BMW_E46
Yeah thanks guys. I wanted to get one from the dealer but they wanted anywhere from 27-29K for them with higher mileage. I actually bought this off my uncle. That was nice that he sold It to me for such a good price. I know he never beat on It either which Is a big plus.
I know mine's not a ZHP because my car has the 17's and didn't have the front and rear spoilers. I added the rear spoiler though. It also doesnt have the sponge wheel among other things. Maybe the 03's do redline at 6500 like mine, but It says 6300 on the guage. Anyone else??
**Oh I almost forgot...I will add pictures soon. Do I need a scanner to do so?? Because I don't have one, but I'll get It If I need to.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Welcome, glad your happy with your car. You only need a scanner if you do not have a digital camera. You just need a way to get the pictures to the computer. Once you do that its easy to upload the pics.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
ZHP's are not the only ones with a 6-speed. I have a 6-speed on my 04 330Ci. I know I don't have a ZHP since I don't have the alcantara upholstery.

·
Registered
15,977 Posts
Well first off.. Hey everyone my name Is Chris. This Is my first post here since I picked up my 330i last month. I've been floating around this forum since 2003 when I first wanted the E46. Long story short~I paid off all my bills and you know what happened from there :)
I bought an 04 330i Sport 6 speed Grey/Black Leather Interior/Monnroof/All the packages ect.. Only 22,000 miles/100% stock. I paid just over 23k for It & I'm very happy so far. Anyway to my question..*I noticed that the 2003 Coupes and Sedans have a solid Redline @6300 Rpm which starts at 6000. Mine redlines @ 6500 Rpm. I never heard of any engine changes for 04' & both 03 & 04 have the same 225/214 power rating at the same Rpm's, so I was wondering If anybody could help me with this?? I did a search and didn't really get the answer I was looking for & the dealer knew nothing. They confused the Increase with the ZHP's 6800 redline.
Any help with this would be great :thumbsup: I'm very happy to finally join this awesome forum. Thanks again ~ CHRIS
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I could be wrong but didnt the ZHP's come with the 6speed,or are there regular models with the 6speed options also
I believe that the ZHP has a short throw shifter 6 speed with shorter gears as well. Yeah In 04 the manuals were 6 speeds on all the regular & sport models. The ZHP Is a great car, If I didn't get this deal from my uncle I would have saved a bit longer to get one for sure! :thumbup:

·
No more E46 :(
2,671 Posts
nyway to my question..*I noticed that the 2003 Coupes and Sedans have a solid Redline @6300 Rpm which starts at 6000. Mine redlines @ 6500 Rpm. I never heard of any engine changes for 04' & both 03 & 04 have the same 225/214 power rating at the same Rpm's, so I was wondering If anybody could help me with this?? I did a search and didn't really get the answer I was looking for & the dealer knew nothing.
It has been discussed a few times before and no one really knows why. For the record, the '01-'03 325s/330s have 6500RPM redline as well but BMW marked it at 6250RPM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
It has been discussed a few times before and no one really knows why. For the record, the '01-'03 325s/330s have 6500RPM redline as well but BMW marked it at 6250RPM.
Thats what I figured because I never heard of a different cam change for the 04' Non ZHP models. It's just been bugging me for awhile so I had to ask. Thanks for the responses and help everyone. Again, I'll try to get some pics of my car on here within a couple of days. :dave:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts