BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some old lady hit my rear bumper. Reflector broke and bumper has a small crack on it and the paint is messed up.

Would they try to fix the crack on the bumper or replace it?

I rather get a MTechnik bumber instead. Is there a price differenece between mtechnik and original coupe bumper?

Another question
Does the Aero rear Bumper(the one with a grill and side wing) look weird with OEM side skirts

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
Look for a really good detail shop and ask if they can do plastic welds. A shop a bit north of where I live can do that sort of thing. It's a HIGH quality shop. Lots of Ferraris in there including an Enzo the last time I was there. :drool:

dave

·
Registered
490 Posts
Depending on the crack it can probably be fixed and re-painted. Its not gonna be cheap though. The whole bumper has to be sprayed. I would say about $400-$450 for quality work. The reflector is only like $7. Shop around and go to shops that people recommend.

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
I think it'd be more than $500. I got a scratch on my bumper. It's about six inches long and a half inch wide and parts of my bumper has been gouged. The shop I mentioned earlier quoted me over $800.

dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts