E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I was off and had nothing to do, so I decided to **** a bit with my head lights and washed the wip. I also ordered some parts for it. update on that when i get them.

Here are the pics

HEADLIGHTS WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT THE CAR
IMAG0048.jpg

NOW till i get the smoked corners
IMG00247-20110313-1713.jpg
IMG00245-20110313-1631.jpg
IMG00248-20110313-1714.jpg

CLUSTER
BEFORE
IMG00230-20110309-1432.jpg
AFTER
IMG00231-20110309-1446.jpg

WHEN I FIRST GOT THE CAR
Picture 228 (2).jpg

NOW TILL NEXT WEEKEND
IMG00254-20110313-1841.jpg
IMG00255-20110313-1841.jpg
IMG00256-20110313-1841.jpg
IMG00258-20110313-1842.jpg
IMG00260-20110313-1844.jpg

This is what i ordered
248x248_1511studiosmoked.jpg
248x248_smoked%20fl%20sidemarkers%20white.jpg
36480_x600.jpg

GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK ON THE NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE, IM ALSO LOOKING FOWARD FOR SOME IDEAS :idea:

·
Registered
303 Posts
The title should read, "I reduced the output of my high beams by 50%." (an over-exaggeration)

Painting the housing insert black is a great idea but blacking out the high beam collimator? Not feeling that. Would be interested in before/after output measurements.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The title should read, "I reduced the output of my high beams by 50%." (an over-exaggeration)

Painting the housing insert black is a great idea but blacking out the high beam collimator? Not feeling that. Would be interested in before/after output measurements.
U are right it did reduce the lighting on the high beam. But I really didn't think of it like that. I was looking for the nice look.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
The additional "go" available on these cars is limited unless you want to go FI.
Oh wow. Did you you come up with that one yourself? Groundbreaking stuff. Quite the revelation.

I guess you are right . . .there's nothing to do with these cars except clip on some plastic stuff from China. Better hit up ebay. . .

FACT: There is no limit to performance besides cash and imagination (which you seem to be completely lacking).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh wow. Did you you come up with that one yourself? ...
Los·er (noun) \ˈlü-zər\ :

A person who drives a 325xi calling another person's car "all show, no go." (see also: Kubica)

Unless you have a supercharger on that 325xi you should really STFU with the "all show, no go" bidness. :lmao: Honestly, why do you give a damn what another guy does with his car and his money?

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Unless you have a supercharger on that 325xi you should really STFU with the "all show, no go" bidness. :lmao: Honestly, why do you give a damn what another guy does with his car and his money?
Where you at? Wanna get beaten by a 325xi? Track or autocross- take your pick.

I'm not going to "STFU"- I've been here. Try contributing something meaningful rather than adding absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
^^Is that you, 99? You got nothing? I just challenged you and your ride and all you can come back with is a picture of yourself? Ha.

Kids these days . . . daddy buys you a ten year old bimmer for probably less than 10k and now you are boss. That how it works?

I've been a CCA member since before your car was built. Former BMW employee. Several hour private tour of the e46 assembly line/factory in Munich in 2003.

Your engine makes a few more horses than mine so you think you know what's up? I pass punks like you in 330's and M3's at the track all day long. You got nothing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh wow, I guess that you told me... I'm so ashamed! :facepalm: Congrats on your long history with BMW! I'm sure that makes you better than the "kids" here... well, in your own mind anyway. Why don't you just go ahead and subscribe to this thread so that you won't have to search very hard when you're ready to fapp to it tonight. :lmao:

BTW:

a) "^" refers to the post directly above yours while "^^" refers to the post 2 posts above yours.

b) I'm 32 years old and certainly not a "kid." I bought my 330xi for cash b/c a girl hit me last year and totaled my previous car. I bought that xi because it was cheap and something to get me by until my kids are out of daycare, since the amount that I pay for child care is enough to cover the payment on an M6 and probably cover your mortgage too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Isn't this a bit childish ?

How about you guys take your argument to private.

I don't think anyone else is really interested.

While entertaining, it has nothing to do with BMW's.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Isn't this a bit childish ?

How about you guys take your argument to private.

I don't think anyone else is really interested.

While entertaining, it has nothing to do with BMW's.
U are right....Didn't post this to start shit. Just wanted some feed back negative or positive. I never mention this was gonna be a track or a race car. Just wanna look good and still be able to have power. Nothing out this world.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Listen. We're not the only people to read this stuff. So when people post dumb stuff like there's no extra performance to squeeze out of an xi, in the xi sub-forum nonetheless (hands-down the best resource for the xi anywhere), I'm going to refute you. Every time.

You got my opinion in the second post. And then you got it again, when 99 started in with FI or nothing ridiculousness. I accused him of being unimaginative and offered to back it up by beating him with a smaller engine. If you don't like it, try posting in the correct forum next time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts