BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if anyone has experienced these problems with their car. I have an appointment with the dealer on the 10th of November. I'm wondering if these are really problems and if the dealer will correct it under warranty. The car still has factory warranty left, and it's CPO'd through 2006.

1. Service Engine Soon Light is illuminated. I've driven about 1000 miles and it hasn't reset itself.
2. The trim pieces for the seat latch that folds the front seats forward have paint wearing off.
3. Steering wheel shakes a little when braking. Maybe it's the control arms?
4. When the top is up, the door panels creak and seem to push the windows up into the top. The car makes a lot of noise with the top up.
5. A/C fan whines/whistles.
6. Wind noise at the driver's side window. I have a convertible, the rear window gasket isn't making a good seal to the driver's window. The passenger side window lines up perfect.
7. Wood trim on the passenger armrest is cracked. Not sure if it's a defect.
8. Rear seat head rest posts have rust.

I don't want to be too picky, but I do think that owning a BMW, should be relatively creak free.

Thanks in advance.

·
Nymphomaniac
353 Posts
If you haven't passed your 4yr/50,000 miles some of that stuff should still be covered under warranty. I don't think the faded paint and cracked trim will be covered.

·
'a certain moderator'
38,245 Posts
my steering has been shaking a little when braking too

wasnt there a TSB about control arms? if there was, i doubt it covered my model and month of production :sad:

·
name's PHIL
6,170 Posts
shaking of the steering wheel usually means ctrl arms possible failure........if alot then its warped rotors

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,189 Posts
i would suggest you do is

if you are still under the millage for your warrenty yet. you can tell your car adviser all of your problems see which ones are covered.
remember it doesn't hurt to ask. but the faded paint and thewood
trim that is chip may not be covered. my friend as a cov.m3 and tells me it creaks alot or make noises and you get alot of air flow to. this may be one of the draw backs of geting a cov. good luck
when you bring your car in for service.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts