E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Just a Brand-wh0re Elitist
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to shrug it off but he kept on egging. I believe it was an E320 since it was debadged. Since it was late at night and no cars around I said why not. As expected, my car took him on the launch and the other car never caught up. Second light. Same thing. We even tried at a roll. That car is slow but not surprised since its so big. Anyways, just thought I'd share.

and gordonmurray, make that pic smaller before you post it.

·
E46Fanatic
3,055 Posts
my pop has a 04' E-class 320 w/ AWD and although it has decent power, it comes nowhere close to my 330. E-class is sweet though, very luxurious and just beautiful. i love that car :drool:

·
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BMWERKEN said:
This is no suprise...those E320's are rather slow...But in any case good kill...

Also the fact that it was debadged doesnt necessarily mean that it's an E320...but considering you gave him a good thrashing I would say it was.

well, it had E500 trimmings, the rims, exhaust seemed bigger. but the E500 is supposed to rape me. So I assumed it was a E320.

·
Registered
62 Posts
10chi said:
well, it had E500 trimmings, the rims, exhaust seemed bigger. but the E500 is supposed to rape me. So I assumed it was a E320.
According to the #'s, a 330i's performance comes pretty close to an E500 despite the 302hp and V8. Here's what I got from a little searching:

'03-'04 E500:
0-60 time: 5.8 sec.
1/4 mile: 14.3 @ 99mph

330i:
0-60 time: 6.1 sec.
1/4 mile: 14.7 @ 96mph

(source: car-stats.com)

I'd say that it looks more like a driver's race between the two cars. But yeah, from your description it sounds like that was a E320 that tried to run you.

I wonder if any 330 drivers on this board had any experience with an E500?

·
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bennyg said:
According to the #'s, a 330i's performance comes pretty close to an E500 despite the 302hp and V8. Here's what I got from a little searching:

'03-'04 E500's #'s:
0-60 time: 5.8 sec.
1/4 mile: 14.3 @ 99mph

330i's #'s:
0-60 time: 6.1 sec.
1/4 mile: 14.7 @ 96mph

(source: car-stats.com)

I'd say that it looks more like a driver's race between the two cars. But yeah, from your description it sounds like that was an E320 that tried to run you.

I wonder if any 330 drivers on this board had any experience with an E500?
mine is a step :eeps:

·
Registered
17 Posts
BMWERKEN said:
This is no suprise...those E320's are rather slow...But in any case good kill...

Also the fact that it was debadged doesnt necessarily mean that it's an E320...but considering you gave him a good thrashing I would say it was.

I TOTALLY 2nd that. I rented a E320 once and was totally disappointed at it's accleration as well as it's braking. The car is just too heavy. I have a 2004 - 330ci now and it will undoubtedly kill the Eclass.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I raced with an older 98' E55 that was sick as ****! Blacked out rear turn signals, gunmetal HRE's. Obv i got beat by like 3-5car lengths but damn it looked good to see his car infront of mine on city streets goin like 100mph.. ya flame all u want, it was pure day time, seattle city streets... but hey u know if u saw a black 330xi wit exhaust and intake and dropped fly by, chasing an older E55 on rims bet u money ud think it was sick! :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,544 Posts
330xi420 said:
I raced with an older 98' E55 that was sick as ****! Blacked out rear turn signals, gunmetal HRE's. Obv i got beat by like 3-5car lengths but damn it looked good to see his car infront of mine on city streets goin like 100mph.. ya flame all u want, it was pure day time, seattle city streets... but hey u know if u saw a black 330xi wit exhaust and intake and dropped fly by, chasing an older E55 on rims bet u money ud think it was sick! :thumbup:

mmmmm, No. I'd shake my head in shame.

10chi, good kill my man.

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,290 Posts
E500 would easily blast a 330 above 80 mph. Remember that inertia is much less a factor when you're already moving.

E320 would not under any circumstances.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.