E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT DINANS STAGE 3 SUSPENSION:dunno:

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
i heard it gives like no drop

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT GIVES LIKE NO DROP

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
it means your car will look almost the same after you get it

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you suggest

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
or get something like ground control coilovers, that way you can adjust the height whenever you want, alot of people are really happy with KW springs as well.. what kinda drop do you want?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well I 19'' breyton inspirations so I dont think I can really go to low unless I roll the fenders or get negative camber plus I was also looking at hamann areo kits so I was thinking maybe around .75''

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
depends on how wide your wheels are. I have 19" wheels too and i can slam it and i dont have rolled fenders or negative camber

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
8.5 on the front and 9.5 on the rear

·
Registered
480 Posts
The set up provides a modest drop (from Dinan):

"The modestly lower ride height (.75 in. with "standard" suspension, or .25 in. with "sport" suspension) gives the car a tastefully enhanced performance look as well. The Koni struts feature externally adjustable rebound dampening via a knob located at the top of the strut."

It depends on what you want. If you want drop, there are much cheaper ways to do it. I don't think you need stage 3; just adds the adjustable camber plates. I have the stage 2 on my 330i, and once it was finally set up correctly, I really like it, and really like the warranty.

John

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
is there anything else worth comparing

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
like a pss9 or something of that nature

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
next question whas a good coilover

·
INDEED
1,130 Posts
H&Rs seem to be the most pricey, Ground Controls seem to be the cheapest if I remember right.

However, most people have KW V2's or Bilstein PSS9's. More people seem to have problems with PSS9's then V2's from what I've seen...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
where can i find the KW V2's

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
SRAMNATH said:
next question whas a good coilover
a coilover is basically springs that you can adjust anytime you want so that if you want to raise it for the winter or highway driving you can and when you show it off you can drop it to the lowest setting....

you can get KW from www.renn-sport.net its a bit pricey, but if your gonna spend the money like Dinan I would get the KW or the HR stage 4 coilover...but most of those brands are pricey like I said....if your looking for something cheaper....look into the ground control coilovers they go for around $399 vs the $1500 for KW's....dont forget you also need to get shocks when you get coilovers as well and I would get Koni just because it comes with a really good warrenty...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts