BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i picked up a set of motegi racing mr127 wheels and i can get the lug bolt to thread by a few threads and the head/conical part of the lug bolt will not fit in the bore where the lugs go. Would the lug bolt to stud/nut conversion be what im looking for or is there another solution or no solution. thanks!

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,353 Posts
So i picked up a set of motegi racing mr127 wheels and i can get the lug bolt to thread by a few threads and the head/conical part of the lug bolt will not fit in the bore where the lugs go. Would the lug bolt to stud/nut conversion be what im looking for or is there another solution or no solution. thanks!
You'll likely have to convert to studs and use "tuner" lug nuts here. I don't believe that there are any lug bolts in the smaller diameter head.

EDIT: I searched and found a couple of them actually, but they're so cheap that I wouldn't advise using them. pure Chinesium.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll likely have to convert to studs and use "tuner" lug nuts here. I don't believe that there are any lug bolts in the smaller diameter head.

EDIT: I searched and found a couple of them actually, but they're so cheap that I wouldn't advise using them. pure Chinesium.
thats what i was most likely going to do, i was searching and they make tuner lug studs that use a key in the middle like an allenhead style bolt instead of a socket and that is what the manufacturer shows in their pic on the website being used with those wheels. id rather have stud and nut so ill probably look into converting

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
I had this problem with aftermarket rims and bought longer lug bolts. ECS/Turner has them for $2.51 each is a variety of lengths. 33, 35, 38, 40, 43 and up to 50. Much cheaper than wheel studs which are about $9 for the stud and another $2 for the nut (x 20)

Sent from my iPad using E46Fanatics

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,353 Posts
I had this problem with aftermarket rims and bought longer lug bolts. ECS/Turner has them for $2.51 each is a variety of lengths. 33, 35, 38, 40, 43 and up to 50. Much cheaper than wheel studs which are about $9 for the stud and another $2 for the nut (x 20)

Sent from my iPad using E46Fanatics
His problem here is that the lug bores are too small for the heads of the bolts to go down, so even longer bolts the tapers wouldn't be able to reach the seats.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SOLVED! I went to a local tire and rim shop that does a lot of aftermarket rims and they fitted the wheels with 12x1.5 "tuner" style lug bolts that use a slim key style socket. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts