BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ITEM HAS SOLD. Selling a Schroth Quick-Fit Pro 4-point harness for an E46 Coupe (previously in my '06 M3). Price is $200 plus shipping.

The same harness is currently $349 at Bimmerworld (see https://www.bimmerworld.com/Safety-...kLvg0HInYDKWeO8XDpcoGBfOgxoVu8qBoCIh4QAvD_BwE).

This is great track day harness that is designed for use with the stock seats and attaches to the stock seatbelt mounting points, so no roll bar or harness bar is required. It can also be removed and installed really quickly (it takes me about 15 seconds, based on taking it in and out when I was sharing my car with another driver at VIR last June, in back-to-back run groups). When removed, the only thing that remains in the car are two short attachment points (shown in photos, one in front and one in the rear seat), which aren't in the way at all.

It's a 4-point harness, with Schroth's "AST" anti-submarining technology, that allows the right shoulder strap to elongate in an impact (like a 3-point belt) to keep the driver from sliding under the waist belt. As far as I know, this is the only 4-point harness that's compatible with a HANS device (that's why I bought it). In the photo below, I'm wearing my HANS with the belt on. Yes, I know two of the photos are upside-down. They rotated when I uploaded for some reason and I can't fix.

Bought new from Schroth in December 2018 and used for only two track weekends, since I used the stock 3-point belts for daily driving. Besides safety, I really like the harness because it holds the driver's body in place in higher-g cornering far better than the stock belts, allowing you to concentrate on driving and not on keeping yourself in the seat. Only selling because I'm selling the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wow! Just what I was looking for! Did you have to take out your seat to mount it? Not sure how I'm going to get my hand to the right side of driver seat.

Price shipped to 98230?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Just what I was looking for! Did you have to take out your seat to mount it? Not sure how I'm going to get my hand to the right side of driver seat.

Price shipped to 98230?

You have to remove the rear seat lower part, and the rear side bolster on the driver's side so you can bolt the rear attachment point to the same spot where the stock rear shoulder belt attaches. But that's easy because both just pop loose. Just take your time until you figure out how they come out.

In front you just use a torx to remove the lower attachment point for the driver's shoulder belt, which did not require removing the driver's seat. Then bolt the attachment point through the same place as the shoulder belt.

I don't know how much shipping to your zip is (I haven't sold anything through the forums before), but I can check and let you know - I won't mark it up. Just my cost to ship to you.

-marc

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't know how much shipping to your zip is (I haven't sold anything through the forums before), but I can check and let you know - I won't mark it up. Just my cost to ship to you.

-marc
Hey Marc,

Thanks for the reply. Lmk and I'll send you my address through pm and email for PayPal. F&F should be fine for this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts