BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

181 - 196 of 196 Posts

·
Shifting
32,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #181 (Edited)
Beautiful car Jake!
Agree, that's the dopest looking F30 328i I've seen yet! Keep it up Jake!

Also, just for an update, how many miles on her now, and what have you had to do for maintenance (preventive or other?)
Thanks guys!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bought the car with 58k miles in October. I have 65k on it now.

Repairs so far

- All pads/rotors (were stock and worn out) $600 or so
- Changed brake fluid (due to tracking the car) $30ish
- Spark plugs (recommended at 60k miles for inspection 2) $80
- Diverter valve and wastegate actuator (they were moving slow and bogging down the car) $220
- Valve cover gasket (I have the kit ready to install that I will do soon) $35
- Serpentine belt (also threw in the tensioner since it's cheap as hell) $50

·
Shifting
32,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Alright guys. Been slacking a bit since I've been busy with work but here is what has happened since August

- DME/fuel pump update done
- Flash tuned the DME with Bootmod3 stage 1 for 93 octane (car is a lot snappier, much better throttle response...car pulls and pulls even for a 4 banger)
- Installed a painted trunk lip (from ebay)
- Installed the Wagner Evo Competition 2 intercooler and the ER turbo to intercooler charge pipe
- Painted bumper reflectors (forgot if I added that before)

In October the car was backed into TWICE in a three week period.... First hit damaged the retractable license plate holder (before I changed my intercooler), two dents into the bumper, spider cracking in the paint and damage to the ac compressor and some bent fins on the radiator. Second hit damaged the bumper even more with more cracking, bent plastic up top, compression cracking on the top of the bumper and damage to the hood grill. Picking up the car on Monday where the bumper/ac compressor/radiator/bumper grill/hood grill replaced and the entire car compound/polished. Also had the front lip and rear diffuser painted gloss black.

Here's some pics of the progress.

Damage

·
Shifting
32,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Still looks beautiful. Hopefully now people can keep their stupid cars away from it.
Thank buddy! Appreciate it. I pick her up on Monday, really really miss driving the car.

Yea this city is garbage, I really can't wait to move out

·
Registered
Best M5 Ever Made!
6,438 Posts
WTF jake! was it a hit and run or were you there when she was hit? I hope you're getting a brand new hood out of this hit... that looks horrible.

·
Shifting
32,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
WTF jake! was it a hit and run or were you there when she was hit? I hope you're getting a brand new hood out of this hit... that looks horrible.
Hit by two cars parking. My insurance took care of everything.

Picked up the car today. Completely re-painted front end, PDR done on a dent that was on the drivers side fender, painted front lip/rear diffuser gloss black. Looks incredible... I'll take DSLR pics in a week or so.

Attachments

·
Shifting
32,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
What persuaded you to choose a 328i/330i over a 335i/340i?
Cost... 340 was wayyyyyyyy out of the price range. 335's with the msport kit and 6 speed were around 24k+. I bought my 328 with the same miles as the 335's for 17k

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Thank buddy! Appreciate it. I pick her up on Monday, really really miss driving the car.

Yea this city is garbage, I really can't wait to move out
Geez, the hits keep coming! I remember right after you got it somebody scraped the front end.
Hopefully you're done with taking hits.

181 - 196 of 196 Posts