BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an authentic Dinan carbon fiber engine cover for all E46s, except the M3.

This was discontinued a few years ago and is very rare. It's in like new condition and nice and shiny.

It's pure carbon fiber and not an overlay.

Asking $300 shipped to the lower-48. You can also pick this up in person from me for $275. I'm located 10 miles north of Manhattan.

(I also have the original Dinan box for this. But, I stored the empty box in my basement and it has that classic basement smell to it. So, you're more than welcome to have the box, too, or I can discard it. :thumbup:)

·
Registered
990 Posts
Re: Dinan Carbon Fiber Engine Cover - Like new

U by any chance into photography. I can trade u a lens for it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Dinan Carbon Fiber Engine Cover - Like new

I thought it came with a rail cover too? And on the picture showing the back there is no cracks right?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ignition and fuel rail covers are sold separately. I only purchased / ran with the ignition cover for my engine bay.

And there are absolutely no cracks or stress marks at all. The lines on the underside of it are just showing different layers of the carbon fiber. Only the top / visible part is clear-coated.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Dinan Carbon Fiber Engine Cover - Like new

Ok and do I just use my normal bolts or do I need different ones?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok and do I just use my normal bolts or do I need different ones?

I purchased this new from another guy around 6 years ago. It's supposed to come with screws that don't crack the cf. He said he lost them. So, what I did was just use the stock screws along with matching sized tiny rubber o-rings. I have some new rubber o-rings that I can send with these.

And also, this is very, very light. It weighs next to nothing being pure CF. So, logically don't over-tighten the 2 screws!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry to disappoint you, man. But, I hit the box with some Febreze and let it air outside in the 60 degree spring weather here in NY. The basement smell is gone. :cry:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts