BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ILCUTAWOOTIE
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Straight up, which software gives the best gains? i dont care about price or easy-ness, just which is more powerful? I already searched, all I see are comments, nothign really saying how much power which gives out. Thx for the help guys
-ALex

·
ouroboros autorotica
1,446 Posts
Lexie330ci said:
Straight up, which software gives the best gains? i dont care about price or easy-ness, just which is more powerful? I already searched, all I see are comments, nothign really saying how much power which gives out. Thx for the help guys
-ALex
I have yet to see comparable results. Technik stage 1 includes the GruppeM intake (with K&N filter) and shark is using the Conforti intake with ITG filter. The only way to know is to have a truely independent person (the notion of a truely independent shop or magazine like Bimmer or EuroTuner is unrealistic, IMO) get all the parts, software, dyno, gasoline, and controlled environment to do the runs in. So far I have yet to see this type of unbiased comparison report anywhere.

Frankly, I think people are often looking at the wrong data. While one of these configs might make a few HP more then another, the absolute top end is fairly irrelevent to most street driving. How often do you run the motor at or near 6000rpms for very long?

It seems to me that the real question about SW issues should be about how the drive-by-wire throttle is being remapped? what the latency is? How does it effect the "adaption" control?

Answers to those questions would tell people a great deal more about what effect the SW will have on their driving experience in their car.

However, HP and Torque numbers are used for sales and marketing. It kinda reminds me of the old MIPS numbers used for mktg and selling computers. Interesting information, but, it doesn't tell you what the machine will do with a typical workload, on a day to day basis.

Just my 1/50th of buck.

rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts