E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 320Ci 2.2 vert MT
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, today I refilled my soft top hydraulic unit reservoir.
The "cap", you normally use to refill has the bolt cavity lightly stripped. Surely it was refilled before by someone that was not accurate bolting/unbolting it.
On realOEM obviously this cap is not a spare part.
Today after putting it I lubed with some grease the threads to avoid a lot of big force on removing it another time but if I'll find a spare one I'll surely change it.
There is some sites that made it, or have I to search on the net for some broken pump?
In junkyard a convertible is quite hard to find, and if has the pump working obviously they sell whole unit.

Gas Cylinder Machine Nickel Aluminium

·
Registered
2000 320Ci 2.2 vert MT
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you can find the specs for the plug, I'm sure you can also find an alternative.
the plug internal is a normal bolt, but is shaped on its head to "seal" I think with pump assembly. I think that if I'll fit a normal bolt I'll have oil all around

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
the plug internal is a normal bolt, but is shaped on its head to "seal" I think with pump assembly. I think that if I'll fit a normal bolt I'll have oil all around
I'm thinking a a small O-Ring solves that. I'm also thinking that if you find a Cabriolet in a Pick-N-Pull that this is one of those parts that falls into your pocket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts