BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

243641 - 243657 of 243657 Posts

·
Registered
32,659 Posts
I need to get better at interviews. Had one over the phone I was so nervous definitely felt off today.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I suck at phone interviews. Better at in person/skype though. I'd probably be better at them if I knew wtf I was talking about lol I got a EHR software mixed up one time. Got the contract still, but they were like, you know the project is for Epic right? lol

·
Registered
33,399 Posts
The thought crossed my mind, immediately followed by “No way in hell im driving through the south and southwest in the middle of July”

·
The De46vil's Army
20,211 Posts
This is the busiest this thread has been in a long time.

Congrats on the new job Ed. Are you also a partner at this firm?

What parts you going to replace Grant? If your ok with meeting up with peeps. Setup a day for shenanigans and let’s get it done.

Gonna start with the fuel injector o-rings I’ve literally had for over 3 years. If not that then pull off the whole intake side and replace all vacuum lines and intake gaskets and check the intake manifold for cracks.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

·
Registered
32,659 Posts
I drove to CO and back in my Tesla. Driving during the mountains at night, with headlights that don't point far enough is dangerous as shit lol otw back, I made sure that I drove during the mountain section in the day lol I did raise my headlights up too.

·
Black and Proud
15,636 Posts
This is the busiest this thread has been in a long time.

Congrats on the new job Ed. Are you also a partner at this firm?

What parts you going to replace Grant? If your ok with meeting up with peeps. Setup a day for shenanigans and let’s get it done.

Not a partner
But I am in charge of the law office ... since my "boss" doesn't want to practice law
He just signs the papers

Got a pay bump and I get a percentage of everything that comes into the firm

Once this thing really gets going, we will have to discuss equity and pay and all that again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Black and Proud
15,636 Posts
I drove to CO and back in my Tesla. Driving during the mountains at night, with headlights that don't point far enough is dangerous as shit lol otw back, I made sure that I drove during the mountain section in the day lol I did raise my headlights up too.
Did you have to map out your recharge stations ahead of time?
That would be one of the biggest worries for me

·
Registered
32,659 Posts
Did you have to map out your recharge stations ahead of time?
That would be one of the biggest worries for me

Nope. The GPS in the car automatically does that for you. It'll also tell you how much charge you should expect when you get there. It gives your charge times too. I didn't follow any of the charge times though because it seems that the car just goes for shortest time. So it wants you to just do the min charge to get to the next charger. When I'm on the flatter sections, I follow it. But in the mountain sections, I was like fuck that, I will stay longer and charge to 95-97% just to be safe lol.

·
Black and Proud
15,636 Posts
Nope. The GPS in the car automatically does that for you. It'll also tell you how much charge you should expect when you get there. It gives your charge times too. I didn't follow any of the charge times though because it seems that the car just goes for shortest time. So it wants you to just do the min charge to get to the next charger. When I'm on the flatter sections, I follow it. But in the mountain sections, I was like fuck that, I will stay longer and charge to 95-97% just to be safe lol.
yeah....
i'm not ready for an EV
and the biggest concern would be getting stuck somewhere with no charge station around
and worrying about such things if planning a slightly long road trip

·
Registered
32,659 Posts
yeah....
i'm not ready for an EV
and the biggest concern would be getting stuck somewhere with no charge station around
and worrying about such things if planning a slightly long road trip
Yeah I used to be worried about that too lol But there are a ton of charging stations around. Even driving through Utah which there was like nothing around for miles lol I only used the Tesla ones cause it's easier and faster. But like most of the hotels on the route has destination chargers and stuff. Even if you were stuck somewhere with no charge station, as long as you bring the mobile connector, you can still connect to standard 110v. It will be slow, like 3 mph, but should give you enough to get to the next closest station from where you're at. It looks like the car routes you through an SC about every 150-200 miles for the most part though.

You can check it out. Just download Plugshare app. You can see the amount of chargers, it will filter based on your car/connections. Homeowners even offer chargers too if you're in a pinch. AAA also have a mobile charger that they bring out now too.

My trip was like a little over 1k one way. I met some dude that rented a Model S on one of the Tesla Superchargers otw back that was going from LA to Connecticut lol He rented the S60 which was like the model with the least amount of range. Had to charge more, but he said he was pretty satified with it so far. He's going to get the LR+ which is like 400 miles range, so I'm sure he'll be fine if he ever does that shit again. 400 is like a normal car's range.

243641 - 243657 of 243657 Posts