BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a double din install done and i dont think the shop did a very good job. The Unit isnt centered right and they sealed the duct with just dynomite (Its still leaks a lot of air) and i think it would be alot more efficient. Also the vent was in the closed position and i want it open (Its funny i told the installer this) I dont think it requires that much more work but some things need to be corrected and i dont trust the audio shop anymore. Anyone recommend anyone? this is a big install and i want it to be perfect or close to it.

I tried to remove the head unit and do it myself but now it is even more crooked the wires in the back wont let it go in all the way in.

Im also afraid to disconnect all those wires, i have no experiance with this.

Any help would be appricated

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would also really like to keep the function of the lower vents if possible...... i havnt been able to find a DIY on that though. But i at least would like them open.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone here that has done the double din install and knows what they are doing in the car electronics department. The installers cut to much of my vent and im going to have to figuer out how to tell them to fix it.

·
Banned
2,545 Posts
I used some 3/16" abs plastic sheets cut and glued to fit the opening then use a soldering iron with plastic welding attachment to weld the abs to the vent box. Then covers the welded seams with dynamat. Tested it and no leaks.

Try posting in the regional forum to find an installer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts