BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
www.piratecove.org
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at this situation, and now i dunno which way to go...

I have a 2000 323i, with 8k left to pay on it, ~$330 month.

I saw a few M5's in the low 40's (miles and price), and was debating trading in my car on one of those... (would be around $400/month (for obviously longer than my current)

OR

Pay off this car, and get a slightly used M3 down the road

which way would you go? i know this is the e46 site and answers might be skewed a little that way, but i thought i'd ask...

·
Core Fanatic
1,160 Posts
The math I am doing is working out to financing around $20,000 for five years (~400/month, assuming some things like interest rate.), meaning you are getting a gross trade in of around $28,000 for your 323 (assuming they are not budging from the low 40G's number).

I would take it if anything I have written is even remotly close.

Will you post...

What is your trade-in on the 323
What the final price of the M5 is.
Length of loan on M5.

For the right price, get the M5.........

·
The OG Black Roof
2,884 Posts
I am in almost the same boat...i owe about as much as you...and I have come to this conclusion.

Pay off the 323, do some modding to it, get out of college, then shoot for a slightly use e46 M3.

just my .02 cents

·
www.piratecove.org
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah im thinking i'll stick to the original plan of payoff and then m3, but the m5 is tempting...

·
Registered
762 Posts
Sorry to highjack, but I'm about to buy my first BMW, Well I think I am. I have been window shopping for quite some time now. I made an offer on a 2002 jet black 325i with SP/HK/Cold/Xenon/ leatherette. It has 28kmiles and I met the guy who owned it before he traded it in. I was looking at it when it was a private sale. Anyway they accepted my offer of 23.5k which is 1k lower than I could have gotten it from the private sale.

I guess my question is, would it be a bad move to not put any money down on this car? I know the NADA price is 27.5 retail and trade is 23.9. Edmunds is much lower.

I just don't want to be upside down. I hope to sell an existing car to put toward it, but have not done that as of yet.

Thanks for any advice.

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts