E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
02/2004, 330i Sedan, M54B30, KM35527
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You get uneven wear like in the pics below? Just installed today. Took a short drive. One side you can see the crosshatch marks the other side don't look so good. This is my first time installing carbon rotors.

Attachments

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
7,321 Posts
How many miles at the time of the photo?
New or used (your old ones) pads?

I'd give it some more time/miles to see if it still manifests itself as a problem.

·
Registered
02/2004, 330i Sedan, M54B30, KM35527
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sorry for the lack of information gentlemen. Even wear on the old pads and discs that came off. Reused the same calipers but painted. And only about 15 miles on the new R1 Carbon Geomet Series disks, and Akebono Euro pads that you see.

One thing I just remembered however. The passenger side caliper (The one that seems to be showing uneven wear) was a little tighter to put on than the driver side. The drivers side sliped right on. The passenger side I had to use some force. I think I didn't push the piston back as far as I should have, and after being extended out for so long....I'm thinking it might be a caliper piston issue. The slider guides seemed good. So yeah, more miles we will find out.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
You get uneven wear like in the pics below? Just installed today. Took a short drive. One side you can see the crosshatch marks the other side don't look so good. This is my first time installing carbon rotors.
Uneven pressure either side of the axle? Sticking caliper on one side or air bubble in the brake line one side?

Uneven pressure either side of the rotor? Sticking caliper on one side.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i'd bet on a sticking caliper too. had this on my X5 and it was not obvious until I installed rebuilt calipers. Luckily they are pretty cheap. nothing like fresh brakes and a fresh front end on a BMW.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts