E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today i went to take a look at a 2002 330xi, everything looked fine, there were some minor things that could easily be fixed, i liked the car but when i seen the title, it was already signed and not by him.

Apparently its a dealership signature, when i asked he said that his friend owns a dealership and the car was bought for him from a auction. He also had a dealership certificate (more like a regular paper that i could of easily did myself) that was already signed also with all the car info and there were blank spots, which is used for buyer info and signature

So he said when buying all i had to do is sign and fill in the blanks and it will be like if i bought the car from the dealership itself.

What do you guys think of this? it seems kinda weird right?

·
Registered
8,001 Posts
I was extremely lucky to find my car. After a year of searching the only viable options within about 250 miles were mostly the same 4 323ci's with about 180,000 miles on them... Then my 330 with 65k came along :luv:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i got 10 mill. in a suit case and a yellow lambo with your names on it, lets do a trade tcphoto and GA-e46

·
Registered
216 Posts
I guess it depends on how good of a deal it is and what your" Hassle-Factor" time is worth to you. Title issues are a pain in the a$$ and unless I'm saving thousands of dollars, it's not worth my time. The bottom line is, if the title isn't in his name, in the eyes of the law, he doesn't own it.., period. I'm not giving him a dime.

Slow-down a bit. Take your time and find the right car, without title issues. You'll be glad that you did.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts