E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I just update some pics of today when I put my BBK on, the problem is from the Front set which 380mm rotors but the rear one 355mm has no problem just plug and play.

Since I change new wheels & tyres to match with my Porsche Cayenne Turbo Brakes the result is failed the calipers touched the wheels I just need 5-8mm room then I will have a big smile.

6 months of timing & dollars I have spent on, it just a bit of clearance it will work.

Me and my workshop still find out solution to make it work.

I have options which I don't want to do it just get 20" or buy smaller rotors. 355-370mm.

Now I'm very stressful and no where to go.

I hope I can fine solution soon.:thumbup:

·
me
7,819 Posts
See if you can machine out 5mm off the inside, might have to confirm with a rta engineer to see if its thick enough to be legal

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Fvck Johnny that's so close. I think you need to look at other wheel options. Spacers extend the wheel outwards, so wont do anything.

Goodluck

·
Registered
439 Posts
Johnny as discussed over the phone, look at the caliper thickness from the effected area, see if 5-8mm can be shaved. If not bbs chr in 20 will fit, and they are rather light. It's the tyres that add most weight. Either way, if you stick with the front's your up to more headaches.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Man all the best... sucks to hear as well... you were so excited as well bro.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
they look really good !!!

swap for 370mm front disks. 1cm wont matter on looks, and its not like you NEED it stop stop the ferocious beast beneath the bonnet

·
Registered
439 Posts
What aaron said johnny. That would definetely work. To be safe go 355. Unless the kit is specific to 380mm rotors.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yep perhaps smaller diameter rotor or larger wheel. Sucks about the fitment issue. But they look great. I've seen NBMW's car and yellow really stick's out :evil:

I think you have a heck of alot of brake :yikes:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
assuming theyre the standard series 1 turbo calipers (just sprayed yellow, instead of factory red) then they will fit with 380mm discs and a 19 inch rim with the correct discs and mounting.

judging by the pics the dics hat is too big and wont allow the caliper to sit far enough over the disc no matter how you mount the caliper.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
assuming theyre the standard series 1 turbo calipers (just sprayed yellow, instead of factory red) then they will fit with 380mm discs and a 19 inch rim with the correct discs and mounting.

judging by the pics the dics hat is too big and wont allow the caliper to sit far enough over the disc no matter how you mount the caliper.
This is what I was thinking assail. So is it just a matter of fabricating a different mount?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone for comments I have got some idea to try and make it work. I will keep updating how it goes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts