E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im noticing more and more disgustingly modded E46s show up on the roads, and even on this forum... I actually saw one earlier that was enough to make any one of us want to puke (on its windshield). How does this make you guys feel? Why the hell are these cars selling for so cheap. I saw a 00 323i today with a for sale sign of like 8500$ I believe.. I wanted to call just to check the mileage and see why the hell its so cheap.

Regardless, I will own another E46 M3 in about 5-7 years when I am in a better position. My dream is to own every ///M3 from the E30, E36, E46, E92, and so on...

·
Banned
6,314 Posts
They're cheap because they're old. Am I upset? No... it will happen to every car you buy. And despite the cars going cheap, they're still expensive to maintain, so that should cut down on the younger crowd.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're cheap because they're old. Am I upset? No... it will happen to every car you buy. And despite the cars going cheap, they're still expensive to maintain, so that should cut down on the younger crowd.
Yes and no.

Yes if you get it maintained at the right place, done the right way.

No if you get it butchered by some local greaseball mechanic thats probably never worked on a BMW before, which a lot of people around here do. Yonkers is beyond ghetto, you wouldnt believe how many BMWs Ive seen getting "serviced" at local no-name gas stations by guys that cant even speak English or know what the hell they are doing.

·
Registered
13,836 Posts
my car is tastefully modded with either OEM parts, or reputable parts from great sponsors

personally, when i see an e46 that looks like sh*t, it probably makes my car look better than what it actually is lol

i could care less.......... i see $80k mercedes that look like sh*t cuz of tasteless modding, so something like this wouldn't bother me

·
'a certain moderator'
34,494 Posts
thats how it goes man. they will keep showing up and we will keep ridiculing them :)

i sort of don't mind it though... if anyone ever says 'o look at you with your bmw', i'll tell them, 'ok, your 2008 kia is worth more, st fu' :dunno:

·
Registered
20,919 Posts
I could careless for the most part. It's a shame but thats life...

all the n00bs are getting annoying though

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hate to say this even applies to E46 M3s. I cant tell you how many people I know who have purchased E46 M3s for under 20K with a LOAD of mileage and are beat to near death. And then they "mod" the cars in the f*cking worst possible way. I dont know why, but it kind of angers me in a way.... maybe I have some psychological issues or something but I feel like its a shame and I wanna slap the owner so bad.

·
Registered
13,836 Posts
Hate to say this even applies to E46 M3s. I cant tell you how many people I know who have purchased E46 M3s for under 20K with a LOAD of mileage and are beat to near death. And then they "mod" the cars in the f*cking worst possible way. I dont know why, but it kind of angers me in a way.... maybe I have some psychological issues or something but I feel like its a shame and I wanna slap the owner so bad.
not to sound like a douche.... but do you feel more "prestigious" in a way because you have an m3, or bmw for that matter.... then when you see retards modding like ass holes you feel it reflects poorly on you to the public eye?

i don't get mad or angry, however when i see a riced out bmw and they see me, i feel good that my car doesn't look tacky.... and at the same time i hope the other person gets a clue and says "lemme take of these chrome tail lights"

lol

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not to sound like a douche.... but do you feel more "prestigious" in a way because you have an m3, or bmw for that matter.... then when you see retards modding like ass holes you feel it reflects poorly on you to the public eye?

i don't get mad or angry, however when i see a riced out bmw and they see me, i feel good that my car doesn't look tacky.... and at the same time i hope the other person gets a clue and says "lemme take of these chrome tail lights"

lol

Absolutely not. I see bone stock E46s all day, from M3s and 323s and if the guy looks like a cool dude I will always throw him a thumbs up. But when I see them modded in the ways Ive been seeing, I feel ashamed to have owned a fvcking E46. So if you that makes me look like Im trying to be prestigious then go right ahead. I respect all cars, but if your gonna take a car and ruin it, I think you are a moron. This may sound obvious but BONE STOCK cars look better then some of the sh!t i have been seeing lately.

·
Banned
6,314 Posts
The e46 is a classic design. Simply because some people butcher it doesn't mean it detracts from the beauty of ours.

Till this day, when new people get into my 2002 330i they always say the same thing... "it's so clean, it looks brand new." Those who take care in their cars and show a real passion will make it past the ***** generation, as they slowly die off because they can't afford to fix any real problems.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The e46 is a classic design. Simply because some people butcher it doesn't mean it detracts from the beauty of ours.

Till this day, when new people get into my 2002 330i they always say the same thing... "it's so clean, it looks brand new." Those who take care in their cars and show a real passion will make it past the ***** generation, as they slowly die off because they can't afford to fix any real problems.
Friend of mine owns a 00 323ci with full hamann lip kit, H&R race springs, 19" HM2s and other misc mods. Till this day, even after owning two M3s and a Hamann 3er myself, I still have to sit and stare at it and admire its looks. I love the E46, nothing will change that.

Let me know how you guys feel when you see altezza tails and 20" chrome bronx made wheels on a E46, along with PURPLE "HIDs", and a sound system that proudces nothing but BASS, enough to fvcking set off a car alarm from 2 blocks away.

Disgusting.

·
Registered
259 Posts
You're custom title is true. You do have a horse c0ck.

The name of that horse is "my little pony"

1 - 20 of 123 Posts