E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently finished a week long project due to a vacuum leak causing codes p0171 and p0174. I changed the CCV, both intake boots, spark plugs, VCG, OFGH, fuel pump, and fuel filter. This made my car run muuuch smoother. However, now I am having misfires. P0300, P0303, P0302, and P0313. I am clueless on what to check. Maybe I uncorrectlt plugged something? There is a rough idle that is much worse in reverse. There seems to be some noise coming from under the intake cover as well but that may be normal.
Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
28,893 Posts
Do you have a scan tool that can display Freeze Frame or Real Time data, ie Long Term Fuel Trim values at warm idle.

Do you only have the misfire codes are they only at idle or while cruising?

Did you remove and inspect the DISA and replace the DISA O-ring?

Many times people do not get as CCV line fully connected and do not realize it. They are sometimes hard to connect with the limited space, but with the OFHG removed it makes it a bit easier.

Assume you have seen the links below in my signature?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I do not have a freeze frame reader. I made sure to ground the coils as well as checking the ccv connections, but will check again. The codes come up when driving, not at idle. As for the disa, I checked it and it was properly maintained but I did not replace the orange o-ring. Oh and I also have done the vanos

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PROBLEM SOLVED! !

Cleaned the MAF, changed air filter and the only code that popped up was P0303. Turns out it was a bad ignition coil. Removed and replaced. Idle sits solid now!

Thanks for every ones input!

·
Premium Member
28,893 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I believe you will be back very shortly with the same lean codes!

No way a single ignition coil would give you lean codes on both banks.

Anyway, you need to buy a OBDII scan tool.

$30 will get you started with something that will read Freeze Frame and Real Time data.

Read this - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=967204

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.