BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im going to Cali from the 13th to the 18th in October, and im freaking excited!! Have some buddies that im staying with, idk where they live but they work near West 3rd street between North Cresent Heights Blvd and North Cienega Blvd (they own a i phone repair store). They recently moved there and tell me are having the time of their life, except the traffic is terrible. I have always been a Miami boy so im excited to hit up Cali, i bet its so much better then here, but i love Miami, its lots of fun.

Was wondering what i can do over there, partying wise. I cant even imagine all the things there is to do there, but im not staying enough days to do everything Cali has to offer. But near where im staying, what can you guys recommend? My buddies are def taking me out to lots of places, but im just looking to see what you guys say. Btw i just turned 21 so thank god for that lol.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
0 Posts
Los Angeles is about 50 miles wide in all directions....

If they West 3rd street between North Cresent Heights Blvd and North Cienega Blvd, you are right in the middle of Hollywood. It all depends on what you want to do. Touristy stuff (typical sites) or more of the insiders tour?

Ya gotta go have a dog at Pinks on La Brea and Melrose and check out Sunset blvd. near Highland. Interesting sights. Beach cities that are a must are Santa Monica, Newport, laguna & Huntington Beachs.

Again, it depends on your expectations.

·
Banned
6,704 Posts
enjoy all the tourists

ya damn tourist :tsk:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
If you just want chill bars and the slower beach lifestyle, come down to the South Bay beach cities....Manhattan, Hermosa, Redondo. All of them have some great bars at the piers, plus you don't have to drive forever to get to them unlike the OC beach cities.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
There's plenty to do...

1. Go up Malholland Drive for some great views, PCH is a MUST!!!
2. Santa Barabra is beautiful though a bit far (to bad you're not here for Halloween though, it's epic ;))
3. If you are into the car scene, come scope out show shows (hit me up if you wanna know the when and where)
4. Neptune's Net is a must eat, it's up PCH in Ventura but very worth the drive. You can head 15 north from there and visit Missle Park in Point Magu to if you like military stuff.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info, im definitely going to some of the places mentioned.Yea i was looking more towards bars, clubs, and whatever sight seeing thats near me cuz idk how much driving we will be doing (I love mountains, esp since Florida is super flat). During the day i wanna go to the beach spots and hang out at the bars and just chill there, but def hit up some night life.

·
Registered
199 Posts
For bars, clubs, and night life you're in the right place. You won't have to go very far. There are clubs on Sunset and on Hollywood blvd. If you want to go to the fancy upscale clubs, you should see if your friends know of any promoters, or can get in touch with one, to get onto lists for those clubs.

During the day, drive out to Santa Monica, and from there you can check out Malibu as well.

A user above mentioned the more chill, laid back beaches like Manhattan, Hermosa, etc. Definitely agree. I like Hermosa.

And yeah, OC is too far.

·
Registered
25 Posts
griffith observatory is a nice spot to see la skyline
marine aquarium in san pedro is another must see. you can touch the animals!!! and there is a beach...
if youre going pch and santa barbara malibu, minus well drive the extra 60 miles and head onto solvang for an overnight
since you in LA go to Las Vegas while you are at it. its only 240 miles east and you can be there in 4 hours if you have youre bimmer or rent one:)
redondo beach is cool too
dont forget china town, dodger stadium, greek teather

1 - 14 of 14 Posts