BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
There I was, Sicily, 1918..
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and a black 325Ci gets on; naturally, I had to approach. There were no other Bimmers at all on that section of the road (118 and 405, for those LA natives). So, I try to approach from driver's left, but she sped up a bit and changed lanes, I go forward some more and approach from the right.... I'm thinking a thumbs up or something was in order (hehehe) -- well, I didn't get one. I didn't get a smile, a wave, she never even looked my way... I guess I forgot that not all drivers are Fanatics... :dunno:

On the plus side, I clayed my car today... man, it's glass-smooth! :)

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,330 Posts
Speaking of...just a couple days ago I got a nice look from a hot chick in an 04 325Ci on the 5...and I always give nods to other E46 drivers. :D

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yeah E46 owners are split half and half. Namers and cool people.

As for ///M owners, I have seen a 50/50 split too : snooty jerks or really cool people who like to drive fast. :D

Patrick

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Reminds me of the time I pulled some guy over to tell him I was parting out my car and if he was interested in anything (It was a red coupe, so I figured he would go for it). When I told him he looked at me like I was retarded and just drove away. Very embaressing , luckily nobody was around.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I am the original "perv in the vert":tongue: -- Damn I miss my droptop

thx for the compliment though brotha

·
Registered
465 Posts
some brotha in a black on black M5 pulled up like 2 inches on the side of my car:yikes: stoped on the middle of road pulleddown his window and asked me where I got my Dinan sh1t.:lmao:

·
Beware of pwner
1,784 Posts
///M PWR 00 said:
I am the original "perv in the vert":tongue: -- Damn I miss my droptop

thx for the compliment though brotha
Is that you Frankie? :yikes:

Welcome back! :hi: Your M3 looks hot too.

·
Mod Squad
12,558 Posts
Yup, you never know what kinda person it is that's driving a bimmer 'til you wave at 'em or something. Like yesterday, I flashed my high beams and gave a wave to a complete stranger, just because he had a bimmer (e36 four door). Dude waved back, so I gotta say that he's not a badge whore.

But a lot of folks do purchase Bimmers solely because it's a prestigious brand, it's really sad, especially because those are the people responsible for the light steering on e46s, you know the kind that wanna hold their Latte in one hand while conducting a conference call, and trying to park at the same time. :tsk:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
russ330 said:
Yup, you never know what kinda person it is that's driving a bimmer 'til you wave at 'em or something. Like yesterday, I flashed my high beams and gave a wave to a complete stranger, just because he had a bimmer (e36 four door). Dude waved back, so I gotta say that he's not a badge *****.

But a lot of folks do purchase Bimmers solely because it's a prestigious brand, it's really sad, especially because those are the people responsible for the light steering on e46s, you know the kind that wanna hold their Latte in one hand while conducting a conference call, and trying to park at the same time. :tsk:

hahahah this thread is funny because i always nod to other people with bimmers and not only does my mom think im nuts, but so do the people.. and the part about the latte and conference call.. totally believeable. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
MARiSA said:
hahahah this thread is funny because i always nod to other people with bimmers and not only does my mom think im nuts, but so do the people.. and the part about the latte and conference call.. totally believeable. :rofl:
Yeah I always wave, smile or do something to try and say "hey, nice ride..." :D

·
Under Worked and Over Paid
646 Posts
The only time I make any gesture, like talking or rolling down my window to say something is if someone has a modded bimmer. If not, I've found that they're not as into it and don't relate to people wanting to say what's up cuz we both have bimmers. But people who mod are more likely to want to talk about their car.

·
Registered
702 Posts
No offesnse guys, but from my experiecne I have to say that e46 owners have got to be one of the cockliest ones out there. I have given up the 2 thumbs up thing, due to *******s on the road ive encountered. I love this forum soso much and Im pretty sure most ppl in here are respectable and cool, but dont assume just cuz somewone is drinving an e46 there gona be cool and give u a thumbs up.

·
Horror Business
28,444 Posts
I usually give the nod or a thumbs up to other E46 drivers, unless I can clearly see that they are just badge buyers. For instance, I saw a 330i ZHP one day and thought for sure that they were a fanatic but got closer and saw a boring middle aged woman with garment bags hanging in the back seat :(

I actually try to be pretty kind on the road, even giving thumbs up to a tastefully modded japanese car. However, one say I saw a really nice IS300 and gave the guy a nod and thumbs up and he flipped me off. What a prick.

·
Registered
69,876 Posts
I always wave to people who wave to me, or to others if they have modded cars. I figure the stock ones are probably the "namers" & I don't bother. Is that wrong?

Angie

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
///M PWR 00 said:
Reminds me of the time I pulled some guy over to tell him I was parting out my car and if he was interested in anything (It was a red coupe, so I figured he would go for it). When I told him he looked at me like I was retarded and just drove away. Very embaressing , luckily nobody was around.
he must have been stuiped.. :loco:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
MARiSA said:
off topic, but this is the 2nd thread i read today which you brought back to life.. lol :clap:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts