BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
O.D.
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my blizzaks put on my 17 stock rims, and was driving on the highway. It was sorta windy, but does the extra tread on the tires make it harder to drive? just wondering.:dunno:

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,162 Posts
What do you mean "harder" to drive?
Extra tread? Traditionally snow tires are narrower so there is actually "less" tread on the road. Perhaps you mean the different road feel?

·
O.D.
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, thats what i mean, because in addition to the wind yesterday, it seemed different than the stock tires i had on there, and this was the first time i really actually drove it somewhere.

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,162 Posts
325i-Vizon said:
ya, thats what i mean, because in addition to the wind yesterday, it seemed different than the stock tires i had on there, and this was the first time i really actually drove it somewhere.
Yeah, I hear ya.
It just takes a few days to get used to the different road feel. My car always feels funky when I put my snow tires on after driving on my S0-3's all year.

·
Groccery Getter
958 Posts
325i-Vizon said:
I just got my blizzaks put on my 17 stock rims, and was driving on the highway. It was sorta windy, but does the extra tread on the tires make it harder to drive? just wondering.:dunno:
I notice a different ride at higher speeds. If you move your steering wheel left to right while driving it feels like the tire is going to pop off the rims.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
believe me they are worth it in the snow

hands down i listen to vinnymack best advise i ever had to buy 4 of then. for each wheel i had a vette before had the same handling like my m3. vette was very bad in the snow with all season tires. can't tell you how different having snow tires on all wheels. people think i am crazy to drive over pack snow with the snows no trouble. best investment i ever make for 1,000.00.
but i wanted to look good so i got 18"snowtires on my stock wheels fig. i would save a little they work just find .
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
929 Posts
A bit more "squirmy" as the grip is traded off vs a summer compound in the dry.

It gets better after about 3-500 miles of 'break in' :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts