E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats to BMW for building a Strong ass bumper :thumbup: .. i slid down a street (ice), and "tapped" a Civic w/ my bumper.... not a single scratch... Civic's bumper caved in..:) ... WOW.. anyone else have similiar experiences w/ the bumper???

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,475 Posts
careful out there bro

·
E46Fanatic
3,055 Posts
i won't dare take out the bimmer in the snow. got caught in about a half inch of snow and was never so scared in my life. my car SUCKS in the snow. glad to hear that everything turned out ok though man.

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,475 Posts
StreetTrixE4six said:
i won't dare take out the bimmer in the snow. got caught in about a half inch of snow and was never so scared in my life. my car SUCKS in the snow. glad to hear that everything turned out ok though man.
i drove yesterday no probs :D damn i love those blizzaks :thumbup:

·
E46Fanatic
3,055 Posts
ac325ci said:

i drove yesterday no probs :D damn i love those blizzaks :thumbup:
i've got the michelin pilot sports so that's probably the problem. i don't wanna change the tires nor do i wanna use the car in the snow. i drive my maxima in bad weather. that thing's awesome in the snow.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yup. we got almost 8 inches here in D.C. Last time i tryed driving in the snow i got embarrassed real bad at a stoplight. Lets just say it took me a long time to get rolling. :ben: I looked to my left and right and saw Kia's and Hyundai's and every other FRONT wheel drive cars laughing at me try to ease out of 2nd gear (with DSC i.e piece of crap) on.

Snow/Ice + 214lbs of Torque + Rear Wheel Drive =:ben:

·
Registered
380 Posts
StreetTrixE4six said:

i've got the michelin pilot sports so that's probably the problem. i don't wanna change the tires nor do i wanna use the car in the snow. i drive my maxima in bad weather. that thing's awesome in the snow.
Those are summer tires. They are worthless in snow.

These cars don't suck in snow at all. The fact that they're rear wheel drive is moot because they're also balanced 50/50 front to rear.

I got a set of four 17" Borbet wheels and 225/45 Dunlop Winter Sport M2's from Tirerack.com. $1209 mounted, balanced, and shipped.

Put them on later that same day, and it started snowing within the hour (earlier this winter).

Yee-haa!! I Love Driving In Snow!!

Also, there's a lot of people out there selling used winter wheel/tire setups if you don't want to spend the $ on new.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Boostspike said:
Congrats to BMW for building a Strong ass bumper :thumbup: .. i slid down a street (ice), and "tapped" a Civic w/ my bumper.... not a single scratch... Civic's bumper caved in..:) ... WOW.. anyone else have similiar experiences w/ the bumper???
My brother has been rear ended 3 times this year (I know - it's unbelievable, but true)

He's got a '99 528i. One time it was a jeep, and he had damage that required body work. Jeep badly damaged.

One time he needed a new bumper cover. Other car? Pretty badly damage.

Third time, barely a scratch. Other car? Fair amount of damage.

Lastly, my sister was driving my Dad's Lexus 300 and rear ended someone at the Holland Tunnel. The Lexus sustained $7000 in damage, and was imo, ruined. It drives and sounds like crap now. They are not well made (from a structural integrity perspective), like BMW's are. :)

·
E46Fanatic
3,055 Posts
AlexRDI330ci said:

Also, there's a lot of people out there selling used winter wheel/tire setups if you don't want to spend the $ on new.
i just don't wanna use it in the snow. i have the maxima, it's excellent in the snow, so why pull the bimmer out of the garage and expose her to those type of conditions.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Road salt is the worst. I saw a pic of what it did to ssutisna's new iForged wheels polished lip. Nasty !:yikes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Snow def. does suck...

I got a set of Sumitomo HTR+ Tires for the winters here in MA and they're great. I would suggest picking up a set. They're real cheap too, i got mine for 99 each.

As far as cars go though, my 3 sucks in the snow, man do I miss my good ole' 'clipse gsx.

Here's a link for the tires i mentioned:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...l=HTR+&vehicleSearch=true&partnum=245WR7HTRPL

Take care everyone!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Boostspike said:
Yeah, we got burried here in the MA.. RWD sucks in the snow... DSC my ass... :D .. this is comming from a guy who works for BMW... :D
Hey, i know what u mean, MA got buried... what dealership do u work at??

·
Registered
380 Posts
Re: Snow def. does suck...

MASSbeemer said:
I got a set of Sumitomo HTR+ Tires for the winters here in MA and they're great. I would suggest picking up a set. They're real cheap too, i got mine for 99 each.

As far as cars go though, my 3 sucks in the snow, man do I miss my good ole' 'clipse gsx.

Here's a link for the tires i mentioned:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...l=HTR+&vehicleSearch=true&partnum=245WR7HTRPL

Take care everyone!
In fairness, the GSX had four wheel drive, didn't it?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.