E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have a question...First off everytime my car started to slide in the snow, a little light would come on. It looked like a "yellow" hazard sign. My second question is that when I finally got onto the highway, my 328 started to shake like crazy. Later down the road the shaking stopped. My dealership said that the car had formed some ice on the wheels and that the car's sensors were off balance and that when the car stopped shaking, it meant that all the ice was off. He said that was common. I have a 328ci rear wheeled vehicle. Need some feedback
Thx
:dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
The shaking' part he's right. I had the same problem, I pulled over, and checked the wheels. I pushed the ice with my finger, and the whole entire circleeeeee of Ice jus fell out.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yup

Yup, mine does the shaking thing too. It was freaking me out, as my car was just in an accident and I was afraid it was related to that. I finally figured out it only happened when my car had been in deep snow/ice. It always goes away, so I guess it's normal. Glad to know it happens to others too...

·
next mod: recaro child seat
1,884 Posts
additional snow and ice is like adding wheel weights to your rims and throws them off balance until it melts. happened to me Tuesday morning after i dug my car out of a snowbank...woohoo.

·
Registered
198 Posts
BAVARIAN323i said:
Sounds like the DSC and the ABS brakes....does the dealer explain these things at all to people? :banghead:
Umm, no offense, but it is neither of those things. I'm well aware of both DSC and ABS brakes, and this is something entirely different alltogether. All I can say is when DSC or ABS goes into effect, you feel the car losing traction. When this occurs, the entire car, especially the steering wheel shakes/vibrates rapidly. I thought the car was going to fall apart the first time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts