Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on BMW GURUs, I need opinions.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm e36 euro M3's use this system so it must work. All I have to do is tabin to brake duct. Should I keep the stock air inlet connected? On 1 hand it will bring more air on the other it might create turblance?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I located an airbox for $100 from a junkyard incase I mess mine up. Is the airbox from 328i same as 323ci.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Come on dudes, anybody?

·
Registered
70 Posts
i dont know... im planning on doing this mod also. I'm going to use aluminum tubing like what they sell with the really cheap universal intakes on ebay. I'm going to go straight to the front bumper though, right next to the where the brake duct is. I'm just going to cut those tabs out of the black grill so it is open.

·
May the farts be with you, always
6,727 Posts
br0_Just_geta1-piece_benfer.Cuz_after_you_modify_your_stock_intake.Its_gonna_be_so_cheesy_your_gonna_want_a_benfer.
I_have_parts_and_tubing_for_a_325_CAI.
[email protected].
My_friend_spilled_b0ngwater_all_over_the_keyboard.Sosorryforthe___my_space_bar_doesn't_werk.:(

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Yes it works. 31st330i was probably the first to do this and documented the results. There is measurable gain according to the OBDII reader.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just did it. There is a slight extra pull above 35000rpm. Also slight hissing sound for a second when u initially hit the gas paddle.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
gokcer said:
Just did it. There is a slight extra pull above 35000rpm. Also slight hissing sound for a second when u initially hit the gas paddle.
Holy sh*t! This is one kick a*s mod!
35000 rpm!!! :D

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Next step is to replace oem filter with same size K&N.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Jspeed said:
Yes it works. 31st330i was probably the first to do this and documented the results. There is measurable gain according to the OBDII reader.
yeah, do a search on ESIS. that's what I called it, for E46 Suplimental Intake System. perhaps some posts are on bimmerfest as well so search there too.

·
Registered
440 Posts
gokcer said:
Next step is to replace oem filter with same size K&N.
get an ITG or the E36 paper filter (more paper surface area and no foam layer). I'm sure I've posted on the E36 filter at some point. it's a slightly snugger fit but works.

keep this in mind.... the E46 M3 uses the same filter as the regular E46's and from what I've read nobody can improve on the stock M3 air box. if the air filter was such a restriction, do you think the BMW engineers would have used the same one on the M3 with over 100HP more?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are right, I heard it before that filter doesnt really restrict so much, that it was the shape of the OEM intake which restricted the air flow. Now that I Have a additional 1 1/4 hose running from bumper to my airbox directly infront of filter, I should be in good shape as far as car getting enough air. I plan to shark it and see how much difference I see.

·
is baaaaaaaaaack...
1,128 Posts
MachRc said:

My_friend_spilled_b0ngwater_all_over_the_keyboard.Sosorryforthe___my_space_bar_doesn't_werk.:(

did no one else find this hilarious??:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts