E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Say hello to my lito fren
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow! no comments?!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I guess you all are speechless after seeing this....heheheh:socal: :vinmac: :brent2:

·
Addicted to Torque!
525 Posts
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Where is my new and improved SIG at???:dunno: :dunno: :flipoff:

·
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
once again, the moderators in their infinite wisdom have taken creativity out of signature making:thumbdwn:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Well sounds good but! a 330ci without any options is $36k. The M3 without any options is $46k. The AA SC is $6.5k. After all is said and done you have a 330ci that is only $3.5k away from an M3 and you are still missing 8 rwhp. You won't have leather seats, the M3 suspension, a 6 spd transmission, a better clucth. the M limited slip/full locking differential, 18" wheels and tires, better brakes, need I say more.

I don't know about you guys but the M3 looks like a better deal. I just thought I will put things into perspective.

Uh one more the 330 won't have any warranty!

now can you all say with me

///M3

No hard feelings:D

·
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
flacoy2k said:
Well sounds good but! a 330ci without any options is $36k. The M3 without any options is $46k. The AA SC is $6.5k. After all is said and done you have a 330ci that is only $3.5k away from an M3 and you are still missing 8 rwhp. You won't have leather seats, the M3 suspension, a 6 spd transmission, a better clucth. the M limited slip/full locking differential, 18" wheels and tires, better brakes, need I say more.

I don't know about you guys but the M3 looks like a better deal. I just thought I will put things into perspective.

Uh one more the 330 won't have any warranty!

now can you all say with me

///M3

No hard feelings:D
:werd: Yo, what's your point?? nobody is saying that if you are about to buy a new car, that you would buy a 330ci and supercharge it, instead of buying an M3!:confused: The point is, that this option, at $5-6K, gives those with a 330ci, 5spd (or step), the ability to compete with M3's, or any other car. The point is, also, that this supercharger is putting out impressive numbers, and the dyno chart proves that it is performing above M3 numbers.

I guess I have to spell stuff out so people get the point....wierd!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Get the M differential and suspension and then you can start to compete. Until it breaks and you have no warranty anyway.

Gunna glue on some gills next?

·
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
txe46m3 said:
Get the M differential and suspension and then you can start to compete. Until it breaks and you have no warranty anyway.

Gunna glue on some gills next?

What the h e l l are you saying? who said I want to put some grills on my car or put anything that will make it pass as an M car?!:confused: how did you conclude that from someone sharing a simple dyno chart of a SC?

·
is baaaaaaaaaack...
923 Posts
Ward said:
I think the M3 owners got a little pissy from your "M who" comment.
:werd:

i guess they are just a little upset that they may not be alone at the top of the e46 hp/trq chart with the new SCs that are coming out for the 330s.

oh well, and on a side note to the m3 guys, as ssabripo said, this is something you would do AFTER your warranty expired, so there is no loss of warranty on the car.

i cant wait for my warranty to expire... SCed 330xi 5-speed

·
Big Baller - Shot Caller
359 Posts
guess they are just a little upset that they may not be alone at the top of the e46 hp/trq chart with the new SCs that are coming out for the 330s
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uhhh, I don't think so.

What is the point here of throwing out the dyno chart and saying M who? Sound like a brag to me.

For the record, the 330i in stock form is no slouch and a damn nice car. For the record, there are cars available that are close to or faster than the M3 that cost less. Think '03 Cobra, 350Z, C5 Vette, Z06. Does that make me feel less about my car...... NO.

Anyone with half a brain realizes that you can make ANY car go faster if you mod it. Heck, there are 10 second Vegas and Honda Civics with tricked out engines, superchargers, Nitrous, etc. Am I loosing any sleep at night over it thinking that I am not King of the Hill?

The fact is, what does it matter? If you enjoy modding your 330i, go for it, its your dime.

·
917 Posts
I've owned a 330ci and now the M3..
There is simply no real comparison here. The M3 excels on looks, handling, and performance from stock. I think from a performance perspective, you gotta consider the powerband.. 80% of the trq is available throughout the RPM spectrum and up to 7900RPM.

Also, the M3s gearing is advantage for quick acceleration and 1/4 times. I loved my 330ci but I craved more looks and better performance without going FI. When ESS comes out with Stg 1 for the M3, then there should be no debate! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
this post explains or proves very little(to me atleast...maybe im misssing a deleted post/)..this also doesnt look like a dyno print out to me...more like a software manual plotted chart. where is the M3's run?

no doubt you can reach M3's performance with mods on a 330...but ill bet money that you are not gonna get within an arms length with JUST a SC added. You are gonna need gearing, a limted Slip diff and perhaps some other tweeks.BTW: some bone stock E46 M3 owner in FL needs to challenge you and then say "M Who?":lmao:

Congrats on the SC kit...i bet everyone is wondering how it stacks up next to other SC kits out there:thumbup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
why isn't AA spinning the 330 to higher RPM? I've read that it can be safely spun to 6800-7000 RPM, and some of the software available changes the rev limiter. In fact i think samir mentioned having his 330 up to 7200. I would think an extra 10-15 hp could be made just by winding it out to 6800 or so...

·
Registered
808 Posts
as a former 330 ci owner w/ the ESS SC kit

I definitely liked the power and speed that the SC gave me. my BIGGEST issue was the factory warranty. true, I had the power to compete w/ some of the big boys, but at what cost to me?! if I ever had a problem w/ the motor/drivetrain, you'll have ZERO chance of having it covered by warranty. that is why I sold the the supercharger and traded in my 330 ci for my 03' M3. you have the power, the looks, the speed, the awesome handling AND the WARRANTY (6 years/100,000 miles). this the reason I went w/ it. the newer BMWs are VERY EXPENSIVE to repair should you encounter problems, and frankly I didn't want to deal w/ that by keeping my 330 ci supercharged...I strongly believe that in the mid-to-long term (2-5 years), I'd have invested enough of my own money to buy an M3.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts