BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This actually happened 2 months ago. I took my 323i to oil change in Weatherford BMW (Berkeley). Then I got my car back. The first thing I did was to adjust the side mirrors, because the mechanics adjusted them when he was driving my car i guess. Then smoke came out from the switch. I was shocked. So I went back inside and talked to an "advisor". He told me that it was my responsibility and they would fix that for $150.

I addressed this issue to BMWNA when they called me for customer evaluation a week after. They promised to report to Weatherford BMW for follow up. It has been 2 months and I never hear anything.

1, I bought my car at January 2000, is it still covered by warranty right now? Is this kind of mechanic failure covered?

2, Is there a phone number of BMWNA or anyway to contact them about this?

3, Any other good BMW dealers in San Francisco Bay Area? I don't think i will use Weatherford again. I don't know if it's because i am young or whatever reason people there are not forthcoming.

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,325 Posts
1. If you have less than 50,000 miles you are still under warranty. Any failure not attributable to wear or negligence should be covered.

2. Look on www.bmwusa.com

3. I don't know.

·
'a certain moderator'
35,572 Posts
search for "BMWNA Phone Number", and call them directly

those follow up calls arent actually BMWNA, rather, they are a company that does calls like that exclusively, and cant really address ur questions other than passing them on to BMWNA.

good luck, i have heard of switches smoking before, but its rare.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

I have a body kit installed, is that gonna affect my warranty?

(didn't replace the side mirrors)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Delirium said:
good luck w/ BMWNA, they are useless.

Not in my expereinces with them.
They have always come through for me!

BMWNA is definitely worth it.

I think their number is 1-800-831-1117

·
Registered
184 Posts
Letting the smoke out of a switch or any other electrical device renders it useless... Try to catch the smoke next time so it can be put back in... (j/k) As stated above, should be covered, except didn't 323 have less warranty than later cars? Might want to double check whether you have 4yrs 50K or not...

·
BMW NA Customer Relations
111 Posts
I’m with BMW of North America, LLC. I’m sorry to read about your problem with your mirror. If you want our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117, and please mention Reference #1-116029805 so that we can help you more efficiently.

BMW NA Customer Relations

1 - 8 of 8 Posts