BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was about 8pm last night on Baldwin Ave. right by the Santa Anita Mall. We had both exited off of the 210 and made a right onto Baldwin. It's a 2 lane right turner, and he was in the left hand lane. We both started off together and when I looked over to my left, as we were both turning right together, he gave me this look :confused: and I smiled at him (and knew it was on!), and once we both straightened out (neck and neck) around 8 - 10 MPH max, we both took off! By the time, I had reached 6500 RPMs in 2nd gear (keep in mind we both took off at a rolling start in 1st), I was about 3 car lengths ahead by around 5000 RPMs in 3rd I was 5+ ahead of him.

Then we hit the stop light at the entrance of the Santa Anita Race Track (how fitting, eh?). He looked over at me and had this look :yikes: on his face, and we both nodded that we'd do it again once the light turned green. When it did, both of us got a pretty decent launch and we were pretty much tie out of first gear, but once I reached 6000 RPMs in 2nd I started pulling hard ahead of him (by about 2 or 3 car lengths). No, he didn't miss shift as I could hear his motor screaming at 8K RPMs. I just kept pulling away more and more as each second past; by 3rd gear (around 6000 RPMs) he was a good 5-7 car lengths back.

I then slowed down (to around 40 MPH) b/c I was going too fast and felt I had already made my point. He then caught up and passed me, not too quickly though, and I looked over and he didn't even acknowledge my existence. It was pretty pathetic. I just high-beamed him a few times and went to the mall.

(actually my launch was a very soft launch at around 1500 RPMs, I didn't feel that I needed to do a hard launch...yes, I'm confident!)

It was a silver S2000...he was alone, and I was w/ my girlfriend. Oh yeah, my supercharger was there too! :pimpin:

·
Law Enforcer
2,338 Posts
Good run to shake up those roadsters eh? heehee:D

·
Registered
401 Posts
yea nice kill. btw do u think u could have takin him without the supercharger

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beema said:
honestly, no. unless I had a perfect launch and shifted perfectly in every gear at the right RPM and the S2K driver didn't push his car to the max. then I'd have a good chance.

·
I know all about that...
2,192 Posts
I figured you could have taken him without the blower. I've heard of 330's runnin on S2000's before. I mean they have no torque, yea they have the HP and weight but I still think the 330 would take it N/A'd. Must have been nice to have the S/C when you needed it though.

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,326 Posts
i think without a supercharger there is no way..the s2 is quicker off the line plus on the freeway.. its not limited to 130mph..
but with a chip, taking out a s2 on the freeway is very likely..
i was gonna get a s2 until i noticed that its a selfish car(two seater) but a great roadster

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would think that even without the sc you could take him off the line but he'd overtake you on the long stretch.

The 330's supposed to do 0-60 in 5.9 while the S2k does 6.1.

·
Bimmerless
1,845 Posts
Beema said:
Those S2ks are damn quick. The SC is definately a must. I was playing around with one on the freeway a few weeks ago, and I wasnt exactly flying by him.

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,326 Posts
Skybum said:
I would think that even without the sc you could take him off the line but he'd overtake you on the long stretch.

The 330's supposed to do 0-60 in 5.9 while the S2k does 6.1.
no s2 is quicker to 60mph should be like 5.5-5.7 while 330ci is 5.8-

·
T!TSLVR
1,251 Posts
At first, I thought you were doing this with your new M3 and i was like.. that engine is screwed.. :tsk:

But then i remembered you're still waiting for it! :lmao:

Good kill! :thumbup:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Impulss said:
At first, I thought you were doing this with your new M3 and i was like.. that engine is screwed.. :tsk:

But then i remembered you're still waiting for it! :lmao:

Good kill! :thumbup:
oh no, I'd never do that w/ an unbroken in motor. I wish they could install a rev limiter for the first 1200 miles until it's broken in and remove it after it's first service! that would be cool! and would probably add a lot more longevity to many M3s out there. it's gonna be hard to resist the temptation...maybe too hard! :banghead:

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
I wish I had an S/C now, I want to confuse people on the roads :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts