BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
SMG to manual conversion

Hi all!!!!

I am looking at the internet about some experiences converting SMG to manual, since I have had problems with my 2004 325i, and not able to afford one more penny to a SMG, but, putting a used manual transmision.... now, I read in this forus that somebody did it with success, I found a manual transmision with extra accesories, but also read that I can us ethe same transmission,just fabricating the accesories for manual option!!!????
Could the guy that comeplted this before send me the list of what is needed to complete the conversion using the same transimssion??

I need to take the decision in the next days, otherwise I will need to kep the car for a whole year, since I was recently relocated to USA (I am currently in Mexico), and will be out for all 2014....thanks for your comments!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
You don't need any special parts, all you need to do is modify the bell housing and make a tread for the gear position sensor on the transmission, that's about it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thread revival anyone knows if the trans will work witout the DME? I plan comvert to electric and is the most efiicient way to shift and play with a electric motor..... 6000 lipo bats to arrive and start making mine "BMesla" battery packs. Does anyone point the right direction in terms of integration with standart DSC and the launch of a SMGii.

Sent from my [device_name] using E46Fanatics mobile app

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thread revival anyone knows if the trans will work witout the DME? I plan comvert to electric and is the most efiicient way to shift and play with a electric motor..... 6000 lipo bats to arrive and start making mine "BMesla" battery packs. Does anyone point the right direction in terms of integration with standart DSC and the launch of a SMGii.

Sent from my [device_name] using E46Fanatics mobile app
I'd say your question is better suited for a tuner that would be removing the SMG DME from the equation while still using some of the systems?

Sounds like your the tip of the spear for this kind of thing. I honestly would ditch both DSC and launch control because who cares (just my opinion).

21 - 25 of 25 Posts