BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to put 4.1 diff gears in my M3. I want to get the SMG shift pattern software done. Can anyone tell me where to get it done in Melb Australia. Also what is the difference between the standard SMG software and the CSL software tune? Cheers

·
Registered
493 Posts
If you have the USB cable I could modify your DME file and send it back to you for the diff gear ratio.

The CSL software is a subjective change. The butt dyno says it's great, but my on track experience says it makes no difference. Do note that if you flash it your car will always start in Auto drive mode.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have the USB cable I could modify your DME file and send it back to you for the diff gear ratio.

The CSL software is a subjective change. The butt dyno says it's great, but my on track experience says it makes no difference. Do note that if you flash it your car will always start in Auto drive mode.

Beauty! Thanks mate
I don't have a cable but will buy one. What do you recommend?
What windows do i need?
I have just ordered the gears from BMW and with freking Covid delaying everything it may take 8 weeks to arrive. Can i contact you someway once the diff build is done?
I am going to buy the bearing kit from diffs online but I'm worried they will be cheap chinese crap! Do you know if any other kits? Thanks for the help! Much appreciated

·
Registered
232 Posts
Have a look at this software, Straight forward menu driven with all the options you could want.

with the ecu be mindful of the flash counter as after so many rewrites the ecu becomes bricked. Some tools can reset the counter but many dont.

Cable wise I’d be a bit more fussy. A refurbed ecu is around 2k Aus at the moment. ECUWorx also sell those.

Otherwise read through the detailed threads on the NAM3forum for modding the M3 ecu or cloning and modding the ecu to the csl hp version.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts