BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would I go about changing the brake pedal on my auto (wide style pedal) to the brake pedal from an SMG or Manual car? Is it a direct swap??? I want my pedals to look/feel like those in SMG and Manual cars:D

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but if i buy a pedal kit or just the clutch/brake pedal from a manual, will it screw into my brake lever?

·
needs a new sig...
4,820 Posts
of course..the brake pedal is steel..youll need to use a dremel with a bit that can cut metal to cut the size down..then a tungsten bit to drill 4 holes..really easy

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
huntmdwn said:
but if i buy a pedal kit or just the clutch/brake pedal from a manual, will it screw into my brake lever?
I want a factory pedal from a manual car. Will this pedal be a direct replacement to my factory one? I dont want to have to cut my regular pedal down. What I am trying to say is: If i take off my brake pedal and buy a pedal from an SMG or Manual car, can I just attach it to my existing mount? :dunno:

Help!:banghead: :banghead:

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,336 Posts
No you'll have to cut it down. And I don't know why you would want to have a little brake pedal if you have an auto.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
he is not talking about the rubber pad and the plate behind it, this is the real question:

"can I remove the entire Brake Arm from the mounting at the Firewall, and replace it with a Manual assembly?"

I would guess that there would be no reason why this could not be done, but I would also bet that the cost and time involved would be prohibitive!

not worth it IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts