E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since the SMG came out, it seems a lot of people are going for that option. Do SMG drivers know how to operate a clutch pedal? Or did most SMG drivers come from automatic transmissions?

·
Registered
913 Posts
mfspolo said:
prob most of them are auto drivers????

Not sure though:dunno::dunno::dunno:

yeah...in my family, it was the compromise transmission 'cos every one could drive it and it gave "performance" (better than steptronic)...

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,180 Posts
Thats a good question, lets get some feedback :thumbup:

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,180 Posts
Why is this not on General Forum, is this where you posted it :dunno:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Yup my first M3 was 6 speed. I don't like it when people think that SMG is automatic and act like the person who got it has no skills which I do.

BTW i'm pickin up the other ///M today:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,505 Posts
M3PinoyDriver said:
Yup my first M3 was 6 speed. I don't like it when people think that SMG is automatic and act like the person who got it has no skills which I do.

:eek: which other M ??????????

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
M3PinoyDriver said:

i should search your posts back to when you had a 6 speed and were making fun of sgsmgm3's haha

·
Poor M3 Owner
615 Posts
yes i can, i used to drive a honda s2k so...
im pretty sure i can drive a car with clutch.

·
Big Baller - Shot Caller
359 Posts
Get real, I don't know ANY SMG M3 owner who doesn't know how to drive a manual shift car. I, as many others owners I have chatted with, liked the technology, the quick shifts, the variable modes, etc.

I have been driving manuals for close to 25 years. This is not my first sports car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you never know. there could be some posers out there that just want to be seen in an M3. but they probably don't have a clue how to even drive a performance vehicle.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,180 Posts
You have to remember this is an enthusiasts site, many of them of course will have known how. But ask the majority of buys I doubt as many will as on this site.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Honestly I cannot drive a traditional manual transmission, thankfully the smg was introduced. If I could drive manual, I would be in a m5 instead. Eventually I will have to learn to drive stick. I dont drive a m3 to just be seen in it, this car is pushed to its limits whenever conditions are safe.

·
Unregistered User
427 Posts
atomicbombpinoy said:
you never know. there could be some posers out there that just want to be seen in an M3. but they probably don't have a clue how to even drive a performance vehicle.
hey man, did you use to be on clubsi? i was mgs333 on there.. i met you one time at the pomona street legals i think. so you got an is300 now? any pics/stats? i'm headed to munich on 2/26 to pick up my 330ci...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Matthew78 said:

hey man, did you use to be on clubsi? i was mgs333 on there.. i met you one time at the pomona street legals i think. so you got an is300 now? any pics/stats? i'm headed to munich on 2/26 to pick up my 330ci...
yah, i'm on clubsi. yeah, the street legals were fun. those were the days! my si was stolen and i have a 2002 is300 5 speed manual. i have an intake, racepipe, and exhaust. minor stuff.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
tpzblu, this is a fanatics site, not an enthusiasts. :D

BMW enthusiasts don't drive anything but manuals, or so it was explained to me :dunno: :dunno:

Either way, the SMG looks like it would be a ton of fun to drive. I just wonder if after/ever the novelty wore off if I'd be wanting the manual tranny back..

Chip-

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.