BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everytime after I fill up the gas tank all the way.. it reaks of gas. I have the car parked in the garage and i can smell the gas in the house.. what's the deal?? i looked underneath it's not leaking.. is this normal or what should i check?? thanks

·
www.piratecove.org
3,699 Posts
STOP TRYING TO GET HIGH HUFFING THAT GAS

DAMN KIDS

nah, check your fuel filter...oh and wash your hands...maybe the gas is on you...haha

·
Registered
158 Posts
You might be walking through spilled fuel at the gas station. I know this sounds stupid but it happens on planes, im an aircraft tech. When someone complains of fuel smells I ask them to smell their shoes, most times they say wow, smells like fuel. Worth a shot....

Of course if your warranty by all means bring it in, leaking fuel is of course quite bad

·
Banned
249 Posts
Your gas tank is leaking... I was talking to a guy here locally that runs a BMW repair shop... he has seen alot of e36's with the problem recently... not very many e46's tho.... but it does happen. I will call tomorrow and try to find out what EXACTLY what he said they do and where.....

Is your bimmer still under warranty...?

·
Registered
723 Posts
if u put it in a garage.....try to keep your garage door open, just in case...cuz if you light something, or a spark flies off (i donno), it could be bad....so just keep it safe, you could also park it on the street(i think)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Don't overfill your gas tank!

If you overfill it, there is a overflow hole that will leak under the car. Just don't overfill which is dangerous anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts