E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Resident Biznatch Slapper
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked her up on 3/3/03 so she's two days old to me now. I've put about 300 miles on total so far. I'm keeping it below 4000rpm but did slip once and took it to 4300rpm or so.

First, initial impressions. The car is just beautiful. Much better in person than in pictures, and much better now that it's mine than I remember when seeing one pass by. It's got a nice lowered stance (but it can, and will be lower) that you don't find on many stock vehicles.

The cabin is easy to see and everything is w/in reach. The lighting is nice and I really like how from the passenger seat you can turn on the map reading light and not bother the driver. That is really cool. The seats are much more supportive than most stock seats I've sat in. The butt heat is unreal. It heats up in just about 2 minutes and really warms you up and makes you melt into the seat. The lumbar support is great and lateral support is decent. Probably my most favorite part about the seats are the thigh supports. Never had them before so its a nice change. The steering wheel controls are handy and I fing myself feeling dumb for reaching for stereo controls when they are right on the wheel :slap:

Shifting through the gears is nearly effortless. Going from Neutral to first gear is a bit notchy, but the rest is how I would overall describe the vehicle, buttery smooth. The clutch pedal is a little weak for my taste, but its stock. I'm used to my 6 puck unsprung hub in my civic so this clutch will take some getting used to.

The Tq band in the car is unreal. I've mostly driven Hondas for the last 9 years of my driving career so Tq has been something I usually either read about or experience in other people's cars. There is power nearly everywhere, unless you leave it in 4th and try to accelerate when you should have it in 2nd :D

The handling is great for stock. I'm used to riding on rails in the civic, but its suspension is far, very far from stock so this one is surprisingly tight and responsive.

Only one word describes the stereo: Disappointing. I expected much more out of the 10 speaker Harmon Kardon system, and one of the speaker has the rattle Ive read about here after only 2 days of driving :thumbdwn:

Overall, wow what a car. I'm so impressed from nearly every angle. I look forward to more driving and more pics and reviews. Hopefully you arent all asleep by now. Here are some new pics from today.

Zach

http://members7.clubphoto.com/zach536049/1173591/owner-4e21.phtml

·
Registered
196 Posts
i just want to ask you a question in all seriousness, why didnt you wait for a couple of months for the facelift? did you like this one better? i am not trying to insult you judgement, just asking.
ans Wah - how did you get april delivery? i went in about 3 weeks back and the guy said he can try to get me early may but now im hearing they arent all may is bought too?

·
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nrm said:
i just want to ask you a question in all seriousness, why didnt you wait for a couple of months for the facelift? did you like this one better? i am not trying to insult you judgement, just asking.
ans Wah - how did you get april delivery? i went in about 3 weeks back and the guy said he can try to get me early may but now im hearing they arent all may is bought too?
I just wasn't a big fan of the facelift from what Ive seen. Plus, I was ready to buy now and I did. Nothing really changed functionally (except for maybe the adaptive brake lights) from what I can tell. I'm sure there are more, but I'm happy w/ my choice.

The color is Steel Grey.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nrm said:

Sorry, I should update my profile... I ordered my car on Feb. 1st. At the time, the dealer did not have an allocation, but he told me I was the first person to order an '04, so I would definately get an april allocation as soon as they got it... well 5 weeks later, still no allocation, still no production date... Just yesterday, he left a message telling me my order was accepted, but he didn't tell me anything else. I'm supposed to call him tomorrow to find out when I'm getting my car... I figure I got an april build/may delivery...

·
ACS and Hamann mutt!!!
492 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Once you see some of the cars here, you cant wait to start modding your car up. At least that is what I felt anyways.:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mods for now will kept at a minimum. It is for my wife, but I do see a cup kit and BBS RGR's in its future. I'm not a big fan of body kits or anything like that. It has black leather interior w/ heated seats.

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
steel grey is the 2nd greatest color...estoril being 1

·
Registered
611 Posts
fastfour said:
Mods for now will kept at a minimum.
You probably said the same about your Civic :lmao:

Come check us out at Import Motion on Saturday, hopefully we can inspire you. If you do come down, let me know and I'll introduce you to the local crew :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
fastfour said:
I'm keeping it below 4000rpm but did slip once and took it to 4300rpm or so.

The The butt heat is unreal. It heats up in just about 2 minutes and really warms you up and makes you melt into the seat.

Only one word describes the stereo: Disappointing. I expected much more out of the 10 speaker Harmon Kardon system, and one of the speaker has the rattle Ive read about here after only 2 days of driving :thumbdwn:

the owner's manual actually says keep it below 4500 not 4000 so you're ok. besides, i persoanlly think it's better to step on it over that limit once a while cuz it just doesnt make sense you can go red lining it right after 1200 miles.

anyway, so do you also have the cold weather package?

i also expeected more from HK system but not to my surprise, it still sucks. i'll have to check my speakers too cuz i didnt know about that problem.

but anyway, congrats and at least put clear reflectors and clear blinkers. looks much better :pimpin:

BTW, steel gray metallic is da :pimpin: :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts