E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used a BMWPILA adapter and ground loop isolator for crystal clear CD quality sound. Used Pro-Fit adapter to mount the cradle. Looks and sounds great! Here is a link to the install pictures:

www.nitrographix.com/skyfi

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nitro said:
I used a BMWPILA adapter and ground loop isolator for crystal clear CD quality sound. Used Pro-Fit adapter to mount the cradle. Looks and sounds great! Here is a link to the install pictures:

www.nitrographix.com/skyfi
My understanding is that you can paint it with no problem.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bender said:
is that dispaly the receiver too? or is there a hde away unit?
Yes, the display is the receiver also. You buy the receiver by itself, then you can buy the car kit or the home kit or the boom box. All you need is one receiver and you can use it with all three. I use it in the car and at home hooked to the stereo or computer. One receiver for multiple locations. :thumbup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nitro said:

Yes, the display is the receiver also. You buy the receiver by itself, then you can buy the car kit or the home kit or the boom box. All you need is one receiver and you can use it with all three. I use it in the car and at home hooked to the stereo or computer. One receiver for multiple locations. :thumbup:
The receiver is $130, the car or home kit is $70 and the boom box is $100. The CD changer adapter is around $100 and the ground loop isolator is $15 (you may not need it). :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bender said:
how much is that unit?
I forgot to mention that the car kit comes with a cassette adapter to listen to the XM. If you don't have a cassette player they sell an FM modulator that let's you listen to it through your FM radio.

Neither one sounds as good as the CD interchange adapter which gives you CD quality sound. Worth the extra effort. :thumbup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Commander FAT said:
Hey Nitro, head over to www.my330i.com. Marvel shows how to mount an XM radio antennae on the rear deck near the child safety seat bolt.

dave
I appreciate the info and I had already reviewed every possible install in every forum on the net before I did mine, especially the XM install at my330i which accounted for 75% of the info. The reason I did not put it on the rear deck was because I have metalic tint and there have been some posts reporting that the signal was weaker through metalic tint than outside. I wanted the best possible signal so I mounted it outside. Just a personal preference and each user should test both before final installation. I agree everyone should check out the DIY at my330i for the XM install to get started, great source of info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts