BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently removed the ski pass in my 530 to get more bass inside. i want to put some type of screen/material up where the bag was for a cleaner look. any ideas????

Attachments

·
hammer talks like this
4,219 Posts
go to a cloth store. theres this thin material that would look good over it. same stuff you have over home theater tower speakers.

·
Registered
961 Posts
dudstone said:
i recently removed the ski pass in my 530 to get more bass inside. i want to put some type of screen/material up where the bag was for a cleaner look. any ideas????
Sorry for jumping out of the matter, but I always had the curiosity, if you remove your ski pass, do you happen to hear not only the bass better, but do you also get to hear the street noise a lot more, or is it not a problem?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
street noise isn't a problem. usually when people remove their ski pass it's because there is a box behind it, which would pretty much block out any other noise, like your seats do.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Can you keep the armrest in the upper position with the woofer there? Or does it blows the armrest down every time you get a hard bass?

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,997 Posts
dudstone said:
what kind of system are you running, subs, amps? stock hu or no?? how are the subs?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To answer the pevious questions; no, the arm rest stays up, but you'd be suprised how much more bass yopu get with it down.

It's a 530, so it has factory DSP. I just added 2 JL 12w3v2s and a JL 500/1 mono block.

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
Ron, I have a similar ski-pass setup in my 323i. I thought about the grill cloth, but wouldn't the turbulance, from wind when the windows are down, stretch it and make it look awful? Is there a way you could remove the rear armrest completely and make a solid "grille" out of perforated leather or something?

·
Registered
690 Posts
you can get the local speaker shop to add a rubber surround that will look very clean. I don't know what the rubber stuff is called. If you look around the local hardware store (Home Depot or Lowes) then you might be able to find some rubber molding that you can add yourself for a few bucks total.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts