BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I want to install satellite radio in my car, since the local radio stations arent that good. I have XM in my Yukon Denali, but I was wondering, how does Sirius rack up against XM?? Also, wut setup do u guys suggest for these? :thanks:

·
Are we there yet??
6,803 Posts
Its kind of preference, I hear from some XM guys that the sound quality is better on XM but I am not sure about that anymore, the Sirius sound quality is pretty good.

I have XM at home and Sirius in the cars, I like the Programming of Sirius better then that of XM but that is personal preference plus I listen to Howard.

I dont think you can go wrong with either one, but presently Sirius seems to be trending upward as XM is flattening out.

·
Registered
319 Posts
It doesn't matter any more.

NEW YORK - XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. and Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. have agreed to merge, the two companies said Monday.

The deal would consolidate the only two companies in the emerging business of subscription-only satellite radio, and is sure to face tough scrutiny from federal regulators. Investors and analysts have been speculating about a deal for months.

The two companies said in a statement that Mel Karmazin, the CEO of Sirius, would become chief executive of the new company while Gary Parsons, the chairman of XM, would remain in that role.

·
Are we there yet??
6,803 Posts
It doesn't matter any more.

NEW YORK - XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. and Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. have agreed to merge, the two companies said Monday.

The deal would consolidate the only two companies in the emerging business of subscription-only satellite radio, and is sure to face tough scrutiny from federal regulators. Investors and analysts have been speculating about a deal for months.

The two companies said in a statement that Mel Karmazin, the CEO of Sirius, would become chief executive of the new company while Gary Parsons, the chairman of XM, would remain in that role.

Interesting they have been talking about this for a while. I wonder if that will come quickly though. I am sure it will take a while. The other thing is will it ever pass federal regulation, since although they do techincally have competition with regular radio they are still the only two companies doing satallite radio.

·
european auto source
12,581 Posts
Ok, I want to install satellite radio in my car, since the local radio stations arent that good. I have XM in my Yukon Denali, but I was wondering, how does Sirius rack up against XM?? Also, wut setup do u guys suggest for these? :thanks:
This is strictly based on programming preference - each have their strengths and weaknesses, nothing related to equipment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts