BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one got sirius radio installed? Where are you putting the antenna? got any pics?

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
I think the sirus antenna is the sharkfin if you buy it directly from bmw. I saw a few new cars that have them at the dealers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't know how your antenna looks like, i got XM radio myself and i put my antenna at the corner between the windshield and the dashboard on the passenger side.

Search for DIY for xm radio install and there is pic, I used that same DIY myself

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just installed XM with a Blitzsafe adapter. Plugs into the changer harness in trunk and now my OEM Business radio plays XM radio. I took the center bolt out in the rear deck, took everything off of it and reinstalled the bolt and put the small magnet antenna on top of the bolt. Looks awesome and it has enough magnetic grip not to slid around. Nothing showing on the outside of the car to tell anyone that I have XM. Have to look close just to even see the antenna on the rear deck. Signal strength is awesome, stays locked on inside of my aluminum sided garage so signal loss going through the rear window must not have much affect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts