E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Silvervisions vs. DIY (pics)

6K views 44 replies 24 participants last post by  jestr 
#1 ·
I took a comparison pic of the philipps silvervisions vs. the DIY bulbs. The one on the left is the silvervision, on the right DIY. For the DIY, i used one light coat of Rustoleum high temp paint. there's actually alot of missed spots on the bulb, but anyways, here's the pic for those who may be interested. i'll take another when it gets dark out.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Dr Jekyll said:
I've always been an advocate of Silvervisions. :thumbup: I would never paint the bulbs because it puts out less light.
same here, i've had the silvervisions for about 9 or 10 months now and i love em'. i just wanted to see for myself how much of a difference there was between the two. i sprayed my sidemarkers though and i hate em'. i really hope someone comes out w/ a silvervision type wedge bulb so i can rid of these things :tsk:

#12 ·
jonb325ci said:
Great review, I definetely have no regrets dishing out the extra money for silvervisions. I actually have 5 extra packs of silvervisions in case any existing ones burn out -- can you say obsessive-compulsive?

BTW streettrix, your neighborhood looks familiar.
damn, that's alot of extra bulbs :yikes: i live in a private development in fort salonga. let me know if your around there.

#17 ·
StreetTrixE4six said:

i sprayed my sidemarkers though and i hate em'. i really hope someone comes out w/ a silvervision type wedge bulb so i can rid of these things :tsk:

what about spraying the top of the wedge bulb with white..matching the interior housing(white) of the side clear indicator so when you look at it from the side it looks like no bulb but still blink orange around the sides:dunno:

#19 ·
PowerDrift said:

:thumbup:

That's why I never even considered DIY or those platinum visions from bimmian

These bulbs are not spraypainted from a can like you would do at home, we have special paint that we mix with agents to make it more transparent then use the best spray gun on the market (sprays the particles of paint smaller than any other gun on the market) connected to a large air compressor to coat the bulbs. The coating is applied by a professional auto painter.

There is no possible way that anyone could ever reproduce the quality of PlatinumVision 2.0 bulbs with a can of paint.

Ian

#20 ·
StreetTrixE4six said:

same here, i've had the silvervisions for about 9 or 10 months now and i love em'. i just wanted to see for myself how much of a difference there was between the two. i sprayed my sidemarkers though and i hate em'. i really hope someone comes out w/ a silvervision type wedge bulb so i can rid of these things :tsk:

We have platinumvision 2.0 sidemarkers that are silver and very bright. They are available at www.bimmian.com
Thanks
Ian

#25 ·
WOW! What a difference. I've been thinking about getting SilverVisions for a while. I bought PlatinumVisions when I first got my car. Put one side in and tested them out. I IMMEDIATELY took the PlatinumVisions out. You could hardly see the signal during the day. Of course, you CAN'T return them (how convenient for the vendors) so they are sitting on my shelf. I figure if one of my bulbs goes out I will scratch off the paint and reinstall. Whatever you do, don't buy PV's. They are P'sOS. I know one of the sponsors sells them buy I don't want my fellow fanatics wasting $55 like I did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.