E46 Fanatics Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
1,721 Posts
Do you have any pics of what the bulbs look like when they're NOT lit? I want to see if the "egg yolk" effect is still there, and if not, which one has a better color while off.

·
Registered
488 Posts
WOW! What a difference. I've been thinking about getting SilverVisions for a while. I bought PlatinumVisions when I first got my car. Put one side in and tested them out. I IMMEDIATELY took the PlatinumVisions out. You could hardly see the signal during the day. Of course, you CAN'T return them (how convenient for the vendors) so they are sitting on my shelf. I figure if one of my bulbs goes out I will scratch off the paint and reinstall. Whatever you do, don't buy PV's. They are P'sOS. I know one of the sponsors sells them buy I don't want my fellow fanatics wasting $55 like I did.

·
can ya spare some change?
717 Posts
isaacly said:
time to get silvervisions.. but are the bimmian bulbs the same quality brightness as the silversvisions?
From experience, the PV 1.0 versions were nowhere near as bright as the Phillips Silvervisions. You have to understand, Silvervisions are not painted amber bulbs after they are produced, they are coated on the inside of the bulb during the the manufacturing process. I have no experience with the PV 2.0 versions tho.

Phillips first coat a silver layer, then coat the amber colored layer on top on the inside of the bulb during manufacturing. So what you see first on the outside of the bulb is the silver coating. I've compare the silvervisions and the amber bulbs side by side and they just as bright.

·
unregistered user
782 Posts
PowerDrift said:

Mine fit right in as well. Zero modification needed.
yup...same here.

Tried to paint some bulbs but its hard to get an even coating on both bulbs, one might be a bit darker than the other...and of courser there are the spots where the paint bubbles and makes the bulb look funky.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Re: try www.silverbulb.com

docsean said:
They have a brighter bulb than bimmian.com.
Cheaper too, $35 for all 6 shipped.
Sean
alpine white 02 M3www.silverbulb.com
You can DIY. All they did was left a triangular window and painted the bulb. I did something similar but left a small square window for the rears trying to get the most light output.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.