E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Beware of pwner
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well not exactly. After some searching I was able to find some bulbs very similar to Silvervisions for a cheaper price. I did a search and ended up on www.sounddomain.com , they had APC bulbs that look silver, but light up a different color. better yet, they're only $5.95 each.

Here's the link I got the amber bulbs at, and the next page has the red ones:

APC amber

I am in no way involved with either company, just couldn't see myself paying over $50 for four bulbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
if that front turn signal is a clear lens - looks kinda white from that shot. do they blink very amber, or pale?

·
Beware of pwner
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
They blink amber, not as bright as the regular amber bulbs, which are lighter and whiter. They definately look better than the painted bulbs.

The camera I used is an old Sony Mavica, not holding up very well.

·
can ya spare some change?
738 Posts
this looks promising....... the coating kinda looks like what they put on mirror sunglasses, but lighter :dunno:

In anycase, I'd give it a try for $5 if I didn't already have the silvervisions

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was just at PepBoys in San Diego...

looking at these bulbs made by APC. $5.95 is a good price. Unfortunately, they only had 1157's. I'm gonna check around for the 1156's at a couple other locations.

Have you seen side marker bulbs done similarly?

John:dunno:

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
yea i bought those a long time ago. I bought the red one and they turned out kinda pink

·
Beware of pwner
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
John,

I haven't seen any similar side marker bulbs, I'm still using the diy painted ones.

Eric

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the feedback!

Sidemarkers can be white (legally) so maybe I'll just stick clear 194's in there.

Mods aren't cheap...this process will occur slowly but surely...plus it's kind of fun to do something every few months...like Christmas all year long!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts