BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys:
I am new to this forum...just bought a used 2001 330i Conv. that is silver outside, black top, with a burgundy red interior. I'm told it's sort of a rare combination...true or not?

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
Its a rare combo, some guy in my town has one, I love looking at it. looks great. I wish I could have got natural brown and black two tone for my car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that what the colors are called? I'm just really new to this...just wanted a convertible before I turned 40yrs old.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys...glad to be here...been driving stodgy 4 doors forever...time for a mid-life crisis car.

BTW...this sucker is the fastest car I've owned...I see why you guys are whacko for this little ride.

This is ONE car that BMW has damn sure figured out how to do right.

·
needs a new sig...
4,600 Posts
ITS RARE..i wanted that combo when i bought my car in 2002 but they werent offereing that interior anymore..i was sad

·
Law Enforcer
2,337 Posts
red interior is pretty rare period! I have PY w/ Imola red! And I Love it....great combo silver/red is! :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
I saw a titanium silver / tanin red convertible when I was picking colors.

This is by far my favorite. I would not have picked tanin red w/o seeing it in person.

By the way I am somewhat objective since I have an alpine white / tanin red 4 door. ;)

Enjoy

Matthew

·
Dale Earnhardt's Double
532 Posts
That was the color combo I was going to order in 2001. It's what the vert demo was at my dealer and I loved it. My wife thought I should go with a tamer interior and seeing as how she was supporting MY mid-life crisis I agreed and went with the grey leather interior. Congratulations on the car and welcome to the family.

·
Registered
157 Posts
It's the only reason I bought my car!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have this combo (Tit. Silver w/ Tanin Red interior) on my '01 330Ci. All I can say is, if you want one (used at this point), get it :thumbup:.

Don't base your decision on pictures because red is really hard to render with a camera. I don't think I've seen two pictures that show the color the same, and none of them make it look as good as it is in person.

As far as it being rare. As someone else mentioned, they stopped making it after '01 (I don't know if it was offered before). I've only seen a couple in the DC area with tanin. I don't know if it'll add value over time, but I always get compliments, which is cool because my friends/family thought it was going to be too "bling-bling" when I said I was getting a red interior. It's a very nice shade and is more "sporty" than flashy.

Good luck,
MarkY

·
Town Clown
15,001 Posts
Welcome aboard scoot! Hoo-RAH, another Verti owner! That color combo looks great - congrats!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Damn man. Lucky you. Welcome. I wanted that combo so badly when I got my '02 330 but it wasn't available. Maybe I'll be able to find one in good condition in a few years or so on Ebay.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts