BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get silver vision bulbs for my car. I've noticed that on my stock bulbs, the "pegs" are not 180 degrees apart from each other like most bulbs in the stores. They are not staggered vertically, but are only off 150 degrees from each other. I've heard of shaving the "peg" but i dont' want to do that. Does Philips make the silver vision bulb to fit this?

Maybe I'll post pics to show this. But if anyone knows what i'm talking about, please let me know.

I think they just made this change for the 2003 model.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
In other words, he's asking if these bulbs that Philips make is "ONE SIZE FITS ALL" including his car?!? Can anyone confirm

·
Registered
43 Posts
Silvervisions fits the front indicators but not the rear (that use normal, non offset bulbs).

I shaved one of the legs off to fit but I was a ***** to take out!

Why not just spray the with a thin layer of good quality silver paint ? gets rid of the yolks just fine.

·
Registered
778 Posts
altreality said:
Silvervisions fits the front indicators but not the rear (that use normal, non offset bulbs).

I shaved one of the legs off to fit but I was a ***** to take out!

Why not just spray the with a thin layer of good quality silver paint ? gets rid of the yolks just fine.
DIY is good in all. But I am not a fan of this DIY. Spray painting light bulbs sound sounds too cheap to me. ( Even though I did try it ) The quality is no where near like the slivervisions.

Also. Don't try to put it in there without fully shaving that peg. It will get stuck and its a ***** to get out. I ened up having to replace my front sockets.

I don't have Silvervisions or painted bulbs in my car. I did LEDs all around. and resistors to make them blink right. It just comes down to what you want to spend to make it look good.

Personally I would go with the LED. I have no color what so ever. And my lights are very bright, pure amber color. You don't get that fade effect like you do going the other way.

However, know what your doing with resistors before you try LEDs. It took be 4 months to get it right. I had no idea what I was doing. And I bought way too many resistors. I have a bunch left over.

·
Banned
682 Posts
I bought some stealth bulbs to replace my silvervisions, and they are honestly the most pimp silver bulb on the market. Even the silvervisions had some orange showing through when unlit - but the stealth bulbs were completely silver. They use an electrostatic coating process (not dipped).

Check 'em out at www.stealthauto.com

edit: I guess their shopping cart checkout is broken. You can buy them at group5... http://www.group5motorsport.com/cgi-bin/GRPstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=SA-SB

-Dan

·
call me kev :D
6,179 Posts
BFP said:
I bought some stealth bulbs to replace my silvervisions, and they are honestly the most pimp silver bulb on the market. Even the silvervisions had some orange showing through when unlit - but the stealth bulbs were completely silver. They use an electrostatic coating process (not dipped).

Check 'em out at www.stealthauto.com

edit: I guess their shopping cart checkout is broken. You can buy them at group5... http://www.group5motorsport.com/cgi-bin/GRPstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=SA-SB

-Dan
i bought a set, as good as stealth auto bulbs look, but the output just can't compare to the silvervision, silvervision is hand down the best sets to get.

and the consensus for this guy's problem is that, silver visions should fit without a problem to OEM clears, most ppl with the aftermarket clears require to shave down one of the little leg off.

·
Registered
778 Posts
pimpn04coupe said:
where can i get bulbs that are silver when off and white when on, to avoid the "amber" effect when my headlights are on?

:confused: Buy white bulbs? Personally I don't like it. Because the color white is so far off from the xenon it doesn't look good. Why don't you disable your parking lights in the front. That way you can still have amber turn signals but they won't be on as parking lights. There have been a few people who have done it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts