E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one for sale or know where I can get a Silver Casing for my E46 Steering Wheel? You know, the bottom half for the 2002 E46 steering wheel...does anyone know how I can get one without modding my present one?

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
1,766 Posts
I got mine from Pacific BMW in Glendale, for about $65. The installation was really easy too, it only took about 15 mins.

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
1,766 Posts
PKorkis...sh*t, I just realized right now that you're Steve's brother! How's Steve doing?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Faheem Daddy said:
PKorkis...sh*t, I just realized right now that you're Steve's brother! How's Steve doing?
Hey man, Steve's doing good right now. He's working on "Are you Hot?" right now. His lease on his 328Ci just ended, so he got a new E320 on some 19'' AMG's. It looks pretty nice. I like it, I'll post pics. Here's steve's e-mail if you want to talk to him.
[email protected]

P.S. Thanks for the info. on the steering wheel casing.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Faheem Daddy said:
I got mine from Pacific BMW in Glendale, for about $65. The installation was really easy too, it only took about 15 mins.
So its an OEM product? You can actually purchase it from a BMW center?

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
1,766 Posts
Pkorkis said:

Hey man, Steve's doing good right now. He's working on "Are you Hot?" right now. His lease on his 328Ci just ended, so he got a new E320 on some 19'' AMG's. It looks pretty nice. I like it, I'll post pics. Here's steve's e-mail if you want to talk to him.
[email protected]

That car is :pimpin: man, I love Mercedes Sedans. My last car was a 2000 C230 Kompressor Sport, and I still miss that thing, sometimes. Tell Steve I said congrats on the new ride, and I'll e-mail him soon. Let me know if you need any help locating that steering wheel trim, or if you need the factory part number. :thumbup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Faheem Daddy said:

That car is :pimpin: man, I love Mercedes Sedans. My last car was a 2000 C230 Kompressor Sport, and I still miss that thing, sometimes. Tell Steve I said congrats on the new ride, and I'll e-mail him soon. Let me know if you need any help locating that steering wheel trim, or if you need the factory part number. :thumbup:
I'll tell him you said Hi, and thanks for your help!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Faheem, is there any way that I can purchase the Silver Steering Wheel Case online? I'm looking on Glendale's online site and they don't have it...any idea where I can get it online? Preferably from a BMW dealer.

·
HartgE46
719 Posts
drmirage said:
how does it look like? any pics
I bought it from Pacific for the same price as well,
part #32.30.1.096.827

Here's another shot...

Attachments

·
HartgE46
719 Posts
pete nice said:
anyone know if they sell this for the m3 steering wheel?
I've been searching for the part number on this wheel forever... add the aluminum trim and you have the best of both wheels IMO.

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
1,766 Posts
Pkorkis said:
Hey Faheem, is there any way that I can purchase the Silver Steering Wheel Case online? I'm looking on Glendale's online site and they don't have it...any idea where I can get it online? Preferably from a BMW dealer.
I think you just have to call the dealer and give them the part number...if Pacific BMW (in Glendale) says they don't have it, try Cutter BMW in Santa Barbara, they're nice people and should be able to find it right away. Their website is www.cutterbmw.com. Good luck, and let me know if you have any other questions. :thumbup:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not a perfect match

It should be noted that the lower steering wheel trim (BMW calls it a 'cover') is Matte Chrome and, like the Matte Chrome shift knob, is not a perfect match to the E46 coupe standard faux aluminum dash trim.

Matte Chrome has a bit more shine to it and actually has a slight yellow tint that the dash trim does not. I can only see the yellow tint in bright sunlight while wearing sunglasses.

Those caveats aside, no one will ever notice the difference. The Matte Chrome steering wheel trim certainly matches the coupe dash trim much better than the real brushed aluminum trim that is available on the M3 dash which has no shine to it at all.

·
eh.
1,317 Posts
Pkorkis said:

[email protected]

huh??

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That was to Faheem Daddy...he's friends with my brother.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts