E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The Man
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy off ebay offered me Titanium Visions, all 6, for 50 bucks. Are the Titanium Visions as good as the philips brand? What do you guys use for the clear corners?

·
I holla
1,665 Posts
hey ultimate, that's not what's on your car in your sig, is it?

·
The Man
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what are the part numbers? Also i didn't see any for the sides, which ones are they?

·
Registered
277 Posts
just invest in a can of hi temp spray paint and paint them yourselves......it's easier than you think! jsut make sure you CAREFULLY DUST the bulbs and not overcoat them, they'll look great!

i invested in them for my corners and sides.....and when i got my tail lights last wk, i decided to see my rear bulbs would come out if i were to paint them. they came out great! total cost: $4.00!

john

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,831 Posts
from the pix on the site the 'stealth bulbs' look like they have a chrome finish. Silvervisions or DIY silvervisions look more like brushed aluminum.

I purchased phillips amber bulbs and got the Hi-temp silver paint and it worked out perfectly. I had more than enough to coat my silver guage rings before getting them in. :D

·
Registered
778 Posts
can't go better than CLEAR. If you have the $$$ and don't mind spending upto 10$ a bulb. Go with LED. I am still waiting for mine. I'll post pics how they come out. Maybe they will come tomorrow??

·
Registered
778 Posts
Also I tried painting the bulbs first. Yes it works... But I tried it with 2 sets of bulbs and it was just too dim for my likening. I want something that's "IN YOUR FACE" and "YOU BETTER LET ME CHANGE LANES OR ELSE" type of bulb. Something that's a lot brighter but still legal.

I hope LEDs is the answer. But I did like those chrome. If LED don't work I am going to get those chrome ones for my front. I already got LEDs for side and back and they work Perfect.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I guess my bulbs where lost in the mail. :( So they are going to send me new ones. I should have the new ones by firday.

Here’s a thought. HOW do LED light up at 50% power? They aren’t like a normal bulb that will just be ½ as bright. LED either work or they don’t. Do I am guessing then when my headlights are on and my turns are at 50% power I will have no light form them? But then when I use my turn signal it will light up at 100% power?

I hope that’s how it works. That would be awesome. That or I am guessing ½ the LEDS on the bulb will light up. Either way…

·
Registered
778 Posts
Also, we might need to buy load resistors so our cars don't think the bulbs out and flash 300 times a sec. When I get mine I'll test them and see if it will work without them. If not they are a few $$$ and plug in behind the light.

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
3,874 Posts
Stealthbulbs.com...great looking bulbs and great people!!! I'd highly recommend them! :thumbup:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Stealth bulbs are cool... I've made my own silvervisions but I am still trying to address the color match for the lights when on.
Its the wattage thing with the single filiment bulb. They look
"Xenon" when they blink but kinda yellowish when in the parking lamp or headlamp mode. Let me know how the led bulbs address this issue.
Thnx

1 - 20 of 30 Posts