E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
r u on here? my friend with a yellow type r said he got spanked last night on 880 by a silver 330.

he couldn't believe u passed him so fast at 110mph

·
Registered
886 Posts
oh iic ic, so if he said, "my friend got anal probed by a 330"

T H EN

it's kromex hehe

ask him if he heard "pshhhh pshhhh " hehe

·
Registered
751 Posts
kromex has got a supercharger in his ride i think

·
Registered
410 Posts
how did he manage to put turbo in a bmw?
i thought u cant put turbo on bmw?:dunno:

i only heard of Sc and even that wont give much :dunno:

·
P.I.M.P.
2,369 Posts
vodc4 said:
how did he manage to put turbo in a bmw?
i thought u cant put turbo on bmw?:dunno:

i only heard of Sc and even that wont give much :dunno:
anything is possible just need to have $$$$$$$$$, the biggest difficulty i hear is the software tuning....he is aparently building the kit himself from scratch and tuning ti himself....i saw a pc of a dyno of his with something like 328hp at the wheels...

PS. arent type R's and 330's about even acceleration wise stock??

·
Registered
410 Posts
K-DOG said:

anything is possible just need to have $$$$$$$$$, the biggest difficulty i hear is the software tuning....he is aparently building the kit himself from scratch and tuning ti himself....i saw a pc of a dyno of his with something like 328hp at the wheels...

PS. arent type R's and 330's about even acceleration wise stock??
if kromex can make turbo himslef....why does no BMW make turbo?instead they all make SC?

:dunno:

is it coz turbo costs more?

·
P.I.M.P.
2,369 Posts
vodc4 said:

if kromex can make turbo himslef....why does no BMW make turbo?instead they all make SC?

:dunno:

is it coz turbo costs more?
You mean why does no BMW tuner make a turbo??? They are less reliable more expensive and harder to R&D....basically more complicated....the rewards are greater though for the driver....I personally thought AA was going to make one, until they released a supercharger....

·
Registered
874 Posts
It would have been even unless the Type R was on an autocross...then it would have kicked the 330's arse....sorry to say, but the Type R is the closest thing to a race car for the street...till the lancer EVO VIII comes out

·
yuppie racing
1,831 Posts
TheDream21479 said:
It would have been even unless the Type R was on an autocross...then it would have kicked the 330's arse....sorry to say, but the Type R is the closest thing to a race car for the street...till the lancer EVO VIII comes out
I have to disagree with that statement...My friend had a type R until it got stolen recently. I use to drive it all the time. By all means its a great car (for what it is) proly the best handeling front wheel drive car around, however there are better cars out there, by far. Your M coupe, although harder to control is definetly one, the e36 M3 is definetly another. And if your talking about street legal, somewhat race prepped cars, the 95' M3 Lightweight.

Although, a completely different feel, the type R is definetly a better handeler than my 330ci, however I think my old modded 318ti was better than both. As for straight on acceleration, my 330 step constantly beat up on his type R all the time, both street and on the track, no matter who was driving either car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.