BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$hitsubishi EVO. I was just minding my own business going home from work when this thug wannabe teen pulls up next to me at a light. He gives my car a look over and a smirk like "BAH...M3 aint got shiet on me". He revs his engine at me. So I say..WHY THE HELL NOT...Kid needs to learn a lesson. Light turns green...and I must admit...that damn AWD is an advantage..he got me off hte line...maybe almost 2 cars......also I didnt launch that hard....2K launch. Anyways....it wasnt too long that I caught up to the kid...Powershifting is key! I just blew past him like he was standing still. SO I thought he had enough...I go into the freeway and kid is behind me. tailgating my ass. He then pulls up next to me and pacing me. I hear him drop a gear..so I drop it too and floor it. Man...I thought those EVOS were fast...i mean..they are..but just no match for the M3. Anyways...just wanted to share.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny thought just popped in my h ead....I shoulda asked him if his car had a HEMI in it just for kicks? LOL

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
4,106 Posts
Sad part is he put a scare in you and his Daddy has $30 grand still in his pocket that you spent on the M. I was always amused to run into a M when i was 17 and they'd feel impressed that their $45,000+ car could run with my Trans Am....lol. Ohh and i hate to say it because i do love the E46 M3 but if he spends $5000 on that car for performance parts the only thing you'll be lookin at is the Diamond Star on his trunklid!! :thumbup: Congrats on the kill...

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
:lmao:

don't mess with true thugs, haha, san jose's got a lot of them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Craig said:
Sad part is he put a scare in you and his Daddy has $30 grand still in his pocket that you spent on the M. I was always amused to run into a M when i was 17 and they'd feel impressed that their $45,000+ car could run with my Trans Am....lol. Ohh and i hate to say it because i do love the E46 M3 but if he spends $5000 on that car for performance parts the only thing you'll be lookin at is the Diamond Star on his trunklid!! :thumbup: Congrats on the kill...
True..with mods that thing will smoke me. BUT at the end of the day...he is still driving a $hitsubishi that looks FUGLY! Whne trying to impress the ladies...what would impress them more when they ask you what car you drive. M3 or Mitsubishi EVO which is basically a BOY RACER car...key word....BOY.

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
4,106 Posts
T_Viddy said:

True..with mods that thing will smoke me. BUT at the end of the day...he is still driving a $hitsubishi that looks FUGLY! Whne trying to impress the ladies...what would impress them more when they ask you what car you drive. M3 or Mitsubishi EVO which is basically a BOY RACER car...key word....BOY.
Agreed 100% but when your 17 all your worried about is goin fast... by the way i wasn't trying to ridicule you just lending some perspective on things!!

·
ninja edit
134 Posts
T_Viddy said:

are you saying you only get girls with what you drive? :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
Willha418 said:

No, but it does help w/ the superficial chicks that see NOT who you are, but WHAT you have. With chicks like that, game and looks has little to do with it. It's all monetary!

And I'm not saying those chicks are worth your "true" time, but a piece of ass is a piece of ass (and it's usually fine, beach bunny ass too!). They use your passenger seat, and you use their crotch. Fair trade to me!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Willha418 said:

Hhahaha...No..I dont get girls only WITH my ride. Good looks and a charming personally helps. But im just saying...if you knew the type of women I encounter...you wouldnt last a minute with them if they sensed that you have shallow pockets.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anonymous_FTP said:

And I'm not saying those chicks are worth your "true" time, but a piece of ass is a piece of ass (and it's usually fine, beach bunny ass too!). They use your passenger seat, and you use their crotch. Fair trade to me!
Bravo....someone who gets the point! Its all about the ASSets gentlemen!

·
Europrojektz Malaysia
1,816 Posts
you guys remember in Fast and Furious when the guy goes "Ferrari" then gets burned on PCH? Or when Konig (rim company) came out with little comics where a civic burned a Ferrari?

Well there was a nicely done up EvoVII back in Malaysia that was keeping up with my dad in his 360 on the freeway, my dad only managed to pull away from it after 90mph.

Some jap cars with the right mods can burn anything....and still be cheaper than the cars they burn. I even calculated that I could have a complete 240sx -> Silvia 14 conversion with bodykit, engine, and turbo for under the price of my car BONE STOCK! :banghead:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Casanova said:
you guys remember in Fast and Furious when the guy goes "Ferrari" then gets burned on PCH? Or when Konig (rim company) came out with little comics where a civic burned a Ferrari?

Well there was a nicely done up EvoVII back in Malaysia that was keeping up with my dad in his 360 on the freeway, my dad only managed to pull away from it after 90mph.

Some jap cars with the right mods can burn anything....and still be cheaper than the cars they burn. I even calculated that I could have a complete 240sx -> Silvia 14 conversion with bodykit, engine, and turbo for under the price of my car BONE STOCK! :banghead:
Casanova.....you drive a Beemer for one reason.CLASS! Sure..I coulda bought a fast/cheap car and mod it up...but in the end...theres NO CLASS. Maybe im getting old..but that RACER BOY image urks me. Just doesnt cut it.

·
Europrojektz Malaysia
1,816 Posts
T_Viddy said:

Casanova.....you drive a Beemer for one reason.CLASS! Sure..I coulda bought a fast/cheap car and mod it up...but in the end...theres NO CLASS. Maybe im getting old..but that RACER BOY image urks me. Just doesnt cut it.
I'm a ricer at heart....can't help it, I'm a FoB

:clem:

got rice?

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
nice going

good driving keep up the driving and the perf. moding to
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Core Fanatic
1,159 Posts
T_Viddy said:

Owning a BMW doesn't give you immediate class. I think that statement gives BMW owners the bad rep that we are all "stuck up". It is a lack of respect for other cars (and how that pertains to their owners) that you imply.

You should respect other cars for what they are, or aren't. But on some level, even ricer cars have something to be said for them. Ultimate speed is not why we bought the ultimate driving machine, yet this forum argues day in/out about "328 w/ exhaust vs IS300 with intake", "M3 vs EVO", on and on and on and on.

it is nice to win a race, period. But does everyone really care that their BMW is faster than everything else? I know my 325 is not at the top or bottom of the totem pole, and I am not suprised when I lose to an EVO.

·
Registered
214 Posts
T_Viddy said:

You're not the only one. There comes a time when you get over the boy racer stage and want a better car. IF fast was all we cared about, we wouldn't be driving BMW's, Mercedes, etc. We all know that the "true" speed lies within some worked-over Ford or Chevy motors (or the Import eqiuv....a'la Supra, built civic, Sylvia, etc). I would consider someone silly if they bought a luxury car and tried to be the fastest thing on the road. Those cars aren't about that. In any case, I used to be a boy racer, now I'm over that stage.

·
Registered
214 Posts
325seeeye said:

...exerpt

Owning a BMW doesn't give you immediate class. I think that statement gives BMW owners the bad rep that we are all "stuck up". It is a lack of respect for other cars (and how that pertains to their owners) that you imply.

I think you read into his statement too deeply, and that response shows that YOU have an insecurity about driving a BMW. He's only stating that in all it's glory, a BMW/Merc/Audi is considered a "classy car". Step outside of the box for a minute. The average person respects the car. Yes, you're correct in saying that the car doesn't give the individual class, but it is a classy car irregardless of it's model designation.

·
P.I.M.P.
2,477 Posts
Anonymous_FTP said:

You're not the only one. There comes a time when you get over the boy racer stage and want a better car. IF fast was all we cared about, we wouldn't be driving BMW's, Mercedes, etc. We all know that the "true" speed lies within some worked-over Ford or Chevy motors (or the Import eqiuv....a'la Supra, built civic, Sylvia, etc). I would consider someone silly if they bought a luxury car and tried to be the fastest thing on the road. Those cars aren't about that. In any case, I used to be a boy racer, now I'm over that stage.
I agree, but you have to admit, its nice to have a combination of looks/luxury and speed. Ala M5, Ala E55, etc. That is why I want to turbocharge my 330 badly.....if someone would come out with a turbo kit.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts