BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
can i add a section on how to downgrade to the Ad software and how to align ews so your car can run the tunable xdf i can confirm the chipster checksum correct works

·
Registered
833 Posts
can i add a section on how to downgrade to the Ad software and how to align ews so your car can run the tunable xdf i can confirm the chipster checksum correct works
Please please please! You can create an account on the wiki. This diy would be a life saver

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey i added a little segment on how to dowgrade to the AD software in the WIKI . i know its not much but it sure can be helpful to alot of new guys.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
This should be pretty easy to do on my own correct? All im looking to do is delete post cat O2s and the SAP. I have JMGarage flasher, Tunerpro, and Galleto.I also have the XDF from the MS42 wiki...

Will I just need TunerPro, the XDF, and the Checksum corrector? By the way I have no idea what a checksum corrector is, this is all VERY new to me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes, disassemble the file in IDApro, take a look at the ews sections, figure out which section to manipulate and how, supress some DTC, re-assemble the file, correct checksums, flash the file and you´re ready to go.
it seems much harder than i thought. i guess im going to have to read up more on the program. if you have any more shareable info, please let me know. im dying to get this car running already

1 - 20 of 76 Posts