BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered two pairs of silvervision bulbs from Powerbulb.com and received a free pair of "sidelight bulb". What is that sidelight bulb for and which light bulb ca I use it to replace with? I don't see BMW has got a sidelight?

It's W5W, 12V 5W fitment....

Cheers

·
Registered
703 Posts
Blue330CiC said:
I ordered two pairs of silvervision bulbs from Powerbulb.com and received a free pair of "sidelight bulb". What is that sidelight bulb for and which light bulb ca I use it to replace with? I don't see BMW has got a sidelight?

Cheers
Your turn signals on the side of the car. here in the states we refer to them as sidemarkers.

John V

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blue330CiC said:

Cheers
thanks for the info but on the back of package it says it is for upgrading your headlight system.....and I have checked the side repeater bulb...they do not seem to match...and if it's for side markers then the bulb should be silver but the one I got is blue tinted :dunno:

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah I have just found that these bulbs would fit into the side repeater (markers). but is it legal not to have orange coloured side repeaters? now it seems to flash white...:huh:

·
Registered
11,332 Posts
in some parts here in the States, if not all, it is illegal, however, I have no idea if it's illegal in the UK or not

1 - 5 of 5 Posts